spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Chris Wood could easily play in the Premier league

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Can we look at the opposite end of the table for a moment? I noticed last night that Forest are only two points above the relegation zone now (despite beating us, Newcastle and Huddersfield this season :lolol: ). Whilst I don't really have anything against them as a club, and agree that few people would miss Blackburn Rovers were they to drop, I do find the idea of Forest going down mildly amusing.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
I must say 11/2 for Forest does look a little bit tempting right now.

fore.JPG

Captureddd.JPG

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Agreed- his poor defending was the reason they lost at Huddersfield in the dying seconds. They've had some really crap centre halves in recent seasons so they've leapt upon the first half decent one who comes into their side and treated him like the messiah. He's OK, but not nearly as good as they think he is.

Maybe you are right, (I haven't seen enough of him to pass judgement), but what I do know, is that without his heroic defending last night, Leeds would have undoubtably have lost at Newcastle.

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
This thread is daft. Whilst I have no strong opinions on Newcastle either way, those hoping that Huddersfield beat Derby are stupid. Derby taking points off them in all likelihood will seal our MATHEMATICAL promotion - why on earth would you not want that?

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
This thread is daft. Whilst I have no strong opinions on Newcastle either way, those hoping that Huddersfield beat Derby are stupid. Derby taking points off them in all likelihood will seal our MATHEMATICAL promotion - why on earth would you not want that?

Brighton's promotion is all but mathematically confirmed - it's about who some people want to go up with us.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
A bit early to be wishing for a Huddersfield win on Monday.

Best wait until after we beat Wigan, because if we don't it'll all be 'Come on Derby'.

albionfan37

Aug 14, 2014
What’s it called? Cumbernauld
He's still officially signed to Torino at the moment and is on loan to Dirty until end of season. 3 year permanent deal has already been agreed though and set to go through at season end, so effectively there's very little chance of him being elsewhere next season.

I knew he was on loan didn't realise that a deal was in place and I guess it can't be hijacked either?

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
The thing with Huddersfield is that they've achieved most of their best results when the pressure wasn't really on. They came from a fair few points back, and went on a seven or eight game winning run to get close, including beating us and Leeds in classic "plucky underdog" role (which is bullshit really but their manager is very keen to perpetuate).

As soon as they've got to almost within touching distance, we started to turn the screw, and the pressure began to tell on them. They'd lost three out of four until yesterday I think? As a result, people had written off their automatic promotion chances. Once again yesterday, people weren't really looking too closely at them, and they won, albeit scraping it at the death. They may well get closer to Newcastle, but I reckon as soon as they find themselves close enough to breathe down their necks, they'll feel the pressure again and miss the boat.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

And just as importantly I would prefer another weekend in Newcastle to one in Huddersfield next season.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
The thing with Huddersfield is that they've achieved most of their best results when the pressure wasn't really on. They came from a fair few points back, and went on a seven or eight game winning run to get close, including beating us and Leeds in classic "plucky underdog" role (which is bullshit really but their manager is very keen to perpetuate).

As soon as they've got to almost within touching distance, we started to turn the screw, and the pressure began to tell on them. They'd lost three out of four until yesterday I think? As a result, people had written off their automatic promotion chances. Once again yesterday, people weren't really looking too closely at them, and they won, albeit scraping it at the death. They may well get closer to Newcastle, but I reckon as soon as they find themselves close enough to breathe down their necks, they'll feel the pressure again and miss the boat.

Agreed, which is why I think they will do a 'Brighton' in the playoffs and get knocked out in the semis, hopefully by Fulham who will then beat Reading in the final.

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
H-T and on the cards at the moment

Bridcutt

Aug 10, 2011
I've said all along that I would take 2nd and promotion (weeks ago I said this) however seeing the reaction to our loss to leeds by opposing fans and seeing the situation now (Newcastle stuttering and us winning every game) I'd absolutely love to see Newcastle go 3rd

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Could happen, although still a long shot.

Sat :
Huddersfield v Fulham

Mon :
Newcastle v Preston

Tues :
Wolves v Huddersfield

Could be all square at that point, going into the final 2 games.

Nervous Spanish waiter ?

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Could happen, although still a long shot.

Sat :
Huddersfield v Fulham

Mon :
Newcastle v Preston

Tues :
Wolves v Huddersfield

Could be all square at that point, going into the final 2 games.

Nervous Spanish waiter ?

I wouldn't be worried if I was Benitez. Wins for Fulham, Newcastle and Wolves far from unrealistic there

Jim in the West

NSC Patreon
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
But we don't want Hudds to catch Newcastle do we? As someone else said, an awayday in Newcastle is so much better than Huddersfield. Plus, personally I want Fulham to win the playoffs, so want them to beat Hudds at the weekend. And I have a slightly irrational loathing of Wagner....

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
But we don't want Hudds to catch Newcastle do we? As someone else said, an awayday in Newcastle is so much better than Huddersfield. Plus, personally I want Fulham to win the playoffs, so want them to beat Hudds at the weekend. And I have a slightly irrational loathing of Wagner....

Forget away days out, we need at least 3 teams to finish below us next season. I'd take H'Field auto and Reading through the play-offs every day of the week. Not bothered they are not the best away days in the world if we manage say 10+ points from the 4 games.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
This "great away day" argument is a poor one - it will affect about 1,000 of us, 1,500 tops and probably about 700 if we end up playing them on a Monday night. That said, I honestly believe Newcastle are no more likely to stay up than Huddersfield should both go up. Of course Newcastle are a bigger club, but f*king things up is in their DNA.

And as for who finishes second, I just think it would be HILARIO if they Huddersfield in. I don't really have anything against Wagner but I do remember that Newcastle muppet who wrote that open letter on Twitter "apologising" for being too good for the rest of the league. Here it is:

http://www.themag.co.uk/2016/11/ope...-not-rubbish-newcastle-fans-newcastle-united/

No apology needed. Not to us anyway, and hopefully not to Huddersfield either. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here