Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast
    Members

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Carrot Cruncher View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This thread is daft. Whilst I have no strong opinions on Newcastle either way, those hoping that Huddersfield beat Derby are stupid. Derby taking points off them in all likelihood will seal our MATHEMATICAL promotion - why on earth would you not want that?
    And just as importantly I would prefer another weekend in Newcastle to one in Huddersfield next season.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by edna krabappel View Post
      The thing with Huddersfield is that they've achieved most of their best results when the pressure wasn't really on. They came from a fair few points back, and went on a seven or eight game winning run to get close, including beating us and Leeds in classic "plucky underdog" role (which is bullshit really but their manager is very keen to perpetuate).

As soon as they've got to almost within touching distance, we started to turn the screw, and the pressure began to tell on them. They'd lost three out of four until yesterday I think? As a result, people had written off their automatic promotion chances. Once again yesterday, people weren't really looking too closely at them, and they won, albeit scraping it at the death. They may well get closer to Newcastle, but I reckon as soon as they find themselves close enough to breathe down their necks, they'll feel the pressure again and miss the boat.
      Agreed, which is why I think they will do a 'Brighton' in the playoffs and get knocked out in the semis, hopefully by Fulham who will then beat Reading in the final.

0 Not allowed!
      H-T and on the cards at the moment
      "All you touch & all you see, is all your life will ever be"

Pink Floyd

0 Not allowed!
      I've said all along that I would take 2nd and promotion (weeks ago I said this) however seeing the reaction to our loss to leeds by opposing fans and seeing the situation now (Newcastle stuttering and us winning every game) I'd absolutely love to see Newcastle go 3rd

0 Not allowed!
      Could happen, although still a long shot.

Sat :
      Huddersfield v Fulham

Mon :
      Newcastle v Preston

Tues :
      Wolves v Huddersfield

Could be all square at that point, going into the final 2 games.

Nervous Spanish waiter ?

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by sparkie View Post
      Could happen, although still a long shot.

Sat :
      Huddersfield v Fulham

Mon :
      Newcastle v Preston

Tues :
      Wolves v Huddersfield

Could be all square at that point, going into the final 2 games.

Nervous Spanish waiter ?
      I wouldn't be worried if I was Benitez. Wins for Fulham, Newcastle and Wolves far from unrealistic there

0 Not allowed!
      But we don't want Hudds to catch Newcastle do we? As someone else said, an awayday in Newcastle is so much better than Huddersfield. Plus, personally I want Fulham to win the playoffs, so want them to beat Hudds at the weekend. And I have a slightly irrational loathing of Wagner....
      Members

5 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Jim in the West View Post
      But we don't want Hudds to catch Newcastle do we? As someone else said, an awayday in Newcastle is so much better than Huddersfield. Plus, personally I want Fulham to win the playoffs, so want them to beat Hudds at the weekend. And I have a slightly irrational loathing of Wagner....

Forget away days out, we need at least 3 teams to finish below us next season. I'd take H'Field auto and Reading through the play-offs every day of the week. Not bothered they are not the best away days in the world if we manage say 10+ points from the 4 games.

2 Not allowed!
      This "great away day" argument is a poor one - it will affect about 1,000 of us, 1,500 tops and probably about 700 if we end up playing them on a Monday night. That said, I honestly believe Newcastle are no more likely to stay up than Huddersfield should both go up. Of course Newcastle are a bigger club, but f*king things up is in their DNA.

And as for who finishes second, I just think it would be HILARIO if they Huddersfield in. I don't really have anything against Wagner but I do remember that Newcastle muppet who wrote that open letter on Twitter "apologising" for being too good for the rest of the league. Here it is:

http://www.themag.co.uk/2016/11/open...castle-united/

No apology needed. Not to us anyway, and hopefully not to Huddersfield either.
      Last edited by Simster; 20-04-2017 at 08:11.
      Quote Originally Posted by Baldseagull View Post
      Calderon is the type of guy that if your daughter married, you would worry that she was not good enough for him.
      Objective but passionate

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by edna krabappel View Post
      Give me Dunk, Duffy and Hünemeier and I'm very happy.

Stand or Fall