Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone else see Murray's reaction after the second goal?

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Murrays been brilliant for us this season in lots of ways

A few things he's brought back - the ability to hold up play and win a foul when we're under pressure. We've lacked a striker with the ability to do that since he left. Also, his experience in the PL has made him a master in the dark arts. He's a horrible player to play against. Always nagging the ref, little nicks and trips on players and elbows all over the place.

We've needed a striker like that for years.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
A few things he's brought back - the ability to hold up play and win a foul when we're under pressure. We've lacked a striker with the ability to do that since he left. Also, his experience in the PL has made him a master in the dark arts. He's a horrible player to play against. Always nagging the ref, little nicks and trips on players and elbows all over the place.

We've needed a striker like that for years.

We had him till Poyet got rid

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
wasnt there some issue with him TELLING poyet if he (GM) was fit then he must play and thats what eventually lead to him leaving?

From what I heard from multiple sources, Poyet and Murray clashed primarily because of their personalities. Poyet is an alpha-male manager and Murray doesn't get on with those types (see also his relationship with Pardew). Consequently, Murray got a reputation as a high-maintenance player - he was also going through a messy break-up too which didn't help. I've heard from a few people in the know how Poyet humiliated and belittled Murray during training.

When contract negotiations came around, Murray wanted more than the budget allowed and Bloom asked Poyet if it was worth making an exception for Murray and Poyet said no. The rest, as they say, is history.

Edit - if there was any player who was on a "must play" clause in his contract then I reckon that was Adam Virgo when he re-signed for us. Can't think of another example.

Last edited:

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
From what I heard from multiple sources, Poyet and Murray clashed primarily because of their personalities. Poyet is an alpha-male manager and Murray doesn't get on with those types (see also his relationship with Pardew). Consequently, Murray got a reputation as a high-maintenance player - he was also going through a messy break-up too which didn't help. I've heard from a few people in the know how Poyet humiliated and belittled Murray during training.

When contract negotiations came around, Murray wanted more than the budget allowed and Bloom asked Poyet if it was worth making an exception for Murray and Poyet said no. The rest, as they say, is history.

Edit - if there was any player who was on a "must play" clause in his contract then I reckon that was Adam Virgo when he re-signed for us. Can't think of another example.

We now know what the people in the know knew before now. Thanks.

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
Well waiting for the ko afterwards while Murphy was being treated he had a massive smile on his face

This. A mile wide smile while looking along the Albion support.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Haha Knocky NEVER passed to poor Glenn but ALWAYS scores. I love it!

He did pass at the end though - and Glenn fell over!

To be honest I was going so totally mental after the second goal I wasn't aware of any player's reactions - it was all about me... Didn't see much of the last 10 minutes, had some sort of watery eye problem just thinking 'bloody hell, how have we got here????'

HH Brighton

Jul 25, 2003
Well pissed off with Knockaert not passing to him! Clearly, he's just miffed that it wasn't him scoring rather than anything more sinister and augurs well when there's so much competition to score goals but it was funny nonetheless.

Let's face it, he's never been a team man. He's scored the required goals and knows where the goal is but he doesn't give a shit what club he's playing for. He's a mercenary striker and at the moment he's scoring for us.

mreprice

Sep 12, 2010
Sydney, Australia
It was hilarious . Murray was moaning when it was in the goal. Classic glenn. He's fast becoming one of my all time favourite Albion players. Born winner but no people pleaser !

Yes - started moaning the second it hit the back of the net. And at no stage did Glenn ever get into a position where he could pass it to him.

But I forgive him! He's like an older teenage brother trying to be cool while a younger bundle of energy (Knockeart) wants to play with him and gets on his nerves. Deep down they are pleased for each other.

osgood

Apr 17, 2011
brighton
Well pissed off with Knockaert not passing to him! Clearly, he's just miffed that it wasn't him scoring rather than anything more sinister and augurs well when there's so much competition to score goals but it was funny nonetheless.

we were shouting "Pass!" at the TV . Lol

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
It's always been about Murray, that why he went to Palarse.

Bobby Zamora would have been celebrating with Knockaert.

L-R-Albion-players-Anthony-Knockaert-and-Glenn-Murray-enjoy-pizza-at-Don....jpg

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
Let's face it, he's never been a team man. He's scored the required goals and knows where the goal is but he doesn't give a shit what club he's playing for. He's a mercenary striker and at the moment he's scoring for us.

Who put sand in your KY?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here