Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Have we been kidding ourselves all month?

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
:lol: There are plenty of good squads in the Championship, but Hughton has got ours playing better than the opposition.

He has because he's generally got a better, more settled squad than most others in the Championship, that know their roles in the system. Anyone that thinks Hughton's hasn't been tactically naive at times though, simply doesn't watch enough of our games or doesn't know much about football. The difference is, he'll get punished when our squad isn't one of the best in the league.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
Good of you to grant the he "deserves a season in the premiership"! We know next year won't be easy. It wouldn't be easy for ANY manager. History shows that sacking Hughton at Norwich and Newcastle didn't show him up as a bad manager at all. It is possible that his tactics at Norwich were a bit negative, but he had to do the best with what he had. Next year we have to accept that we may struggle. However even if the worst happened we would have parachute payments to go up again and to put us on a long term more stable footing. We should all be hoping Hughton stays regardless and that the board will back him long term.

- and for christs sake let's enjoy what we have this season thanks to Chris and Tony!

I am enjoying it. Just being objective based on his past experience in the Premier League. It will be a serious test of his credentials next year and it's not beyond the realms of possibility that we won't win many games at all if/when we go up. But I'll support Hughton through that as I think he deserves that support. Others, I suspect, probably won't.

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
I am enjoying it. Just being objective based on his past experience in the Premier League. It will be a serious test of his credentials next year and it's not beyond the realms of possibility that we won't win many games at all if/when we go up. But I'll support Hughton through that as I think he deserves that support. Others, I suspect, probably won't.

Interesting that you seem not to believe that Hughton has learned anything in all his time as a manager, and will be condemned to making the same mistakes over and over again.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Anyone that thinks Hughton's hasn't been tactically naive at times though, simply doesn't watch enough of our games or doesn't know much about football.
So which decisions he's made have been tactically naive?

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
Interesting that you seem not to believe that Hughton has learned anything in all his time as a manager, and will be condemned to making the same mistakes over and over again.

There is a broader point as well, namely the influence of TB and his stattos. It is surely not possible that some of the uber brainies at Starlizard are not directed to affairs of BHAFC, given that TB has sunk a considerable portion of his wealth that way. The Times article mentions CH's 'cerebral' approach; maybe but I have a suspicion based on no IK at all that the 'cerebrality' is a team game. CH's genius is to absorb that in an entirely inclusive way to enhance his knowledge.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
As wonderful as today has been, taking the title on Friday really would be the icing on the cake:

1. Chris being congratulated there by the ****ish types who sacked him, and
2. Ha ha Pritchard.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The fact that doing the double over Norwich will give Hughton the title does make it preordained.

As in the original post:-

Karma is a bitch.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
As wonderful as today has been, taking the title on Friday really would be the icing on the cake:

1. Chris being congratulated there by the ****ish types who sacked him, and
2. Ha ha Pritchard.

3. Someone said that our last game in the top flight was a loss to Norwich. It would be right on so many levels to win on Friday.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
It is fascinating that he has probably topped both his old clubs this season. The biggest difference is that the Newcastle fans appreciated him and there are good memories they share, but with Norwich he wasn't supported from the terraces to the boardroom.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here