Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

"Punishment" for the pitch invaders?

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
I predict that some dick will, because there's always a few that go that bit too far after three pints. And we'll hear all about it on here in a 30-page thread, about how he 'did nothing wrong' and about how 'out of touch' the club is. Nailed on.
There will be at least one blameless angel with a ban.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
I have it on good authority that they will give life bans to pitch invaders and make their ST's available to proper premier league plastics, who know doubt hand them back when we're relegated!!!

Im sure this has been posted but how I see it is, after a pitch invasion, IN WHICH NO ONE GETS HURT, no one will give a shit, the stewards, the club, the football league, the old bill, no one.

However, if a child gets trodden on or a player gets injured, Brighton can sit at the investigation and say hand on heart, "we told them to stay off the pitch, we threatened to ban em.... blah blah blah."

The club are never in a million years gonna say "run on the pitch at the end ...it's great..... better still do it on 89 minutes when the ref blows for an offside"

They've got to cover their arse, in the unlikely event it goes bad

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants
All we can hope for in WSU is to be allowed back from the concourse with a celebratory beer to enjoy while watching the Marvelous Scenes unfolding far below.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Will it depend on identifying main instigators and the club dealing with them or supporters behaving in an over the top manner. Like with most situations don't put yourself in a position of doubt and stay well clear of the pitch

OK Headmaster. The 15,000 potential invaders feel so intimidated now, that they ... will completely disregard your solemn advice.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Aren't promotion, cup, giant killing pitch invasions supposed to be spur of the moment, joyous occasion. ??? Let's just get on with it and see what happens as this will turn out to be a damp squib.
We've had our times of planned , determined and meaningful pitch invasions, just let it, and the emotion flow.

Given the increasing number of pages on the subject of a pitch invasion how is it going to be a spur of the moment thing

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Given that the club have stated

It's also important for us to point out that it remains an offence to enter the field of play, at any time, and this could result in arrest and exclusion from the stadium.

If we are in a position to celebrate, and with the prospect of Premier League football to watch, we really do not want to have the occasion spoiled in any way or to be in a position where we may have to issue bans to supporters for next season.

I just wonder whether the club will feel compelled to issue banning orders to lay down a marker to enforce the message so that if in the future they need to say there may be a need to issue banning orders, it is not an empty threat, but fans are aware that their actions will have consequences.

It will also be interesting whether PC Balkham makes a statement ahead of Mondays game or whether he is leaving it to the club.

I would standby for a rogues gallery on the club site after the pitch invasion
'

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Given that the club have stated

It's also important for us to point out that it remains an offence to enter the field of play, at any time, and this could result in arrest and exclusion from the stadium.

If we are in a position to celebrate, and with the prospect of Premier League football to watch, we really do not want to have the occasion spoiled in any way or to be in a position where we may have to issue bans to supporters for next season.

I just wonder whether the club will feel compelled to issue banning orders to lay down a marker to enforce the message so that if in the future they need to say there may be a need to issue banning orders, it is not an empty threat, but fans are aware that their actions will have consequences.

It will also be interesting whether PC Balkham makes a statement ahead of Mondays game or whether he is leaving it to the club.

I would standby for a rogues gallery on the club site after the pitch invasion
'

The club have made their official position very clear.

Why would they need to keep talking about it?

There's no pressure building is there? A couple of dozen people bickering about the issue on NSC is inconsequential.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
I was at Barnet v Gateshead when the Bees won the Conference two years ago and EVERYONE went on. 15 minutes later the pitch was completely cleared for the players to do a lap of honour. Attendance was around 5,500.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
If the stairs are filling up with people with 5 minutes to go it'll be like a tidal wave

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I'm going on the pitch NAKED apart from a MUSTARD coloured CARDIGAN and a Paul Barber MASK, they will NEVER take me ALIVE

Lol!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here