Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Two Albion lads playing for the England U16 side

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
England U-16s are currently in France playing in the Montaigu Tournament. A squad of 20 has travelled and includes two lads from Albion - centre-back Tareq Shihab and forward Danny Cashman:-

EnglandU16.jpg

England are in a group with Mexico and Portugal. They played the Mexicans yesterday in a game that finished 1-1; Mexico led 1-0 at half-time with the Three Lions equalising in the second period. Tareq Shihab came on as a sub at half-time and played right-back. For anyone interested, here is the full video of the second-half (Shihab wears number 12):-

Danny Cashman only returned from 5 weeks out with injury last Saturday for Albion U-18s and was a late call-up to the England squad, flying out this morning. He will play some part in England's next match against Portugal tomorrow.

mr sheen

Jan 17, 2008
Brennan Johnson is the son of former forest striker David

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Brennan Johnson is the son of former forest striker David

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

If that makes you feel old, then don't look up the list at Ian Wright's grandson D'Margio :ohmy: :lol:

(Also, Thomas Doyle is the grandson of Mike Doyle and Glyn Pardoe, who are both, Google informs me, Manchester City legends).

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
And Bobby Duncan is a cousin of Steven Gerrard (though to be fair, half of Liverpool appears to be related to Stevie).

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
If that makes you feel old, then don't look up the list at Ian Wright's grandson D'Margio :eek:hmy.

It made me feel old when I saw that both our players were born in the 21st century!

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
It made me feel old when I saw that both our players were born in the 21st century!
Most players born after 1st Jan 2001 are born in 21st Century, let alone ours :moo:

Taking your point though.......yes I feel old :(:(:(

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
Fulham youth policy looking good
We're the same as Chelski and Tottingham, and better than Arsenal, Liverpool, Everton, Manure, and many other Premier League academies. Good/surprising to see our U16 are represented so well given its real early days at the Academy.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
We're the same as Chelski and Tottingham, and better than Arsenal, Liverpool, Everton, Manure, and many other Premier League academies. Good/surprising to see our U16 are represented so well given its real early days at the Academy.

There are no players from Arsenal, Liverpool or WBA as those clubs are competing at their own tournaments (so I have seen it reported).

You shouldn't draw too many conclusions from one squad, but both our lads have certainly been involved in the England set-up over the last two seasons.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
There are no players from Arsenal, Liverpool or WBA as those clubs are competing at their own tournaments (so I have seen it reported).

You shouldn't draw too many conclusions from one squad, but both our lads have certainly been involved in the England set-up over the last two seasons.

Presumably the many, many starlets from Palace's much vaunted academy system are all injured, hence their absence.

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Presumably the many, many starlets from Palace's much vaunted academy system are all injured, hence their absence.

Taken from the Youthhawk website - Palace clearly don't like to ruin their up-and-coming wunderkinds by allowing them to mix with herberts from other academies. :thumbsup:

Youthhawk.jpg

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Both Tareq Shihab and Danny Cashman started for England in the 3-0 loss to Portugal yesterday:-

Shihab.jpg

Cashman.jpg

Here is the full video for the first half:-

England will now face China tomorrow in the penultimate match (and will effectively be playing for 9th/10th position with the final game on Monday - the tournament consisted of 4 groups of 3 teams and England finished bottom of their group).

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Tareq Shihab (number 12) started again for England on Saturday in their 4-0 win over China. They now face Belgium on Monday for 9th place.

ShihabChina.jpg

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here