Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Keep Off!

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
Well yes, all but the very dense realise that I imagine. It's the same as quoting 'requests' from the manager and captain. The club just needs to be seen as trying to stop it.

Yeah of course they need to be seen to be against it. They definitely can't say fill you boots and wave us on. And to be fair to them I don't begrudge them taking that position, as long as we can get on.

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
Of course he didn't. It's a press release, which he'll have approved.

:ffsparr:

Sent from my iPhone in a non-Calde world :-(

Because he had to, he didn't say it like you said he did.

Get on the pitch mate (if you can) and enjoy yourself.

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
But bristol city is our last home game. That's my point. You said a lap of honour no matter what after Wigan

Incidentally after attending the Goldstone since 87 I'm well aware of the annual lap of honour after the last home game

I meant Bristol City. My mistake.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I'm a boring, law abiding fart who believes in upholding values and standards. We should show respect.

So quite obviously my view is....

We should be allowed to celebrate on the pitch.

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
Of course they will say not to go on it, but there will be a pitch invasion, no doubt about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
The club get 99% of things right, but they are so, so wrong here. Do they not understand the unbelievable emotion we will have should we win promotion? Whoever thought this was a good idea should hold their head in shame - they obviously have no clue what the last 30 years have been like. We should be ENCOURAGED to show what it means to us...and obviously 29,000 people on the pitch celebrating is the right way to do this. I have a nasty feeling this is Mr Barber treating us like customers again.

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
I suspect BeHereNow is more JustTurnedUp

More than welcome, but a little green behind the ears.

:) First game in the 90's, season ticket at Withdean for 2 seasons, missed one home game in about 8 years.

And, as I've said before, I said Wigan when I meant Bristol City.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I can't imagine the North Stand not celebrating on the pitch if things go our way!

:shrug:

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
Absolutely hate pitch invasions. Ridiculous. May as well tattoo 'tinpot' on your foreheads while you run on.

Might aswell tattoo it if you don't do one.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Some of the best times at withdean were charging around on the pitch a few times.

Did anyone think this dictatorial management we have at the club would say anything else?

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
The club get 99% of things right, but they are so, so wrong here. Do they not understand the unbelievable emotion we will have should we win promotion? Whoever thought this was a good idea should hold their head in shame - they obviously have no clue what the last 30 years have been like. We should be ENCOURAGED to show what it means to us...and obviously 29,000 people on the pitch celebrating is the right way to do this. I have a nasty feeling this is Mr Barber treating us like customers again.

It's a position they have to take, whether they like it or not. I'm sure they understand promotion means a lot to us all, but they can't endorce pitch invasions.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
It's a position they have to take, whether they like it or not. I'm sure they understand promotion means a lot to us all, but they can't endorce pitch invasions.

I agree - but no need to make this announcement, and especially not now when we still have at least two games before promotion is secure. If they feel the need to "do the right thing" they could simply make an announcement 10 mins from FT in the Wigan (or Bristol City) game, IF we were on course for promotion. This is really crass stuff.

Davemania

Jul 11, 2011
Uckfield
No chance some folk will stay off. Just hope they have their moment them get off quick, for the players to come back out.

Exactly, it was 1979, I repeat 1979 the last time we were promoted to the top tier. I thinks it's a touch unlikely fans will stay off the pitch if we are promoted at home.

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
It isn't dull, it is what a set of supporters with class and respect would do. The players have earned their right for their playing area not to be invaded by a load fans wanting to bathe in the reflected glory of what they've achieved - and that is all it is. Always looks pathetic with a load of loons jumping around then realising there is bugger all to do, and no one else can enjoy the moment. The supporters that do this have to my mind never played any competitive sport in their lives, because if they did, they would be able to show the respect actual sportsman who have achieved something deserve.

I hope they turn the bloody sprinklers on if anyone does run on.

It is extremely dull.

So all the years we've had pitch invasions we've been classless supporters?

If it wasn't for us fans the players wouldn't be there! They wouldn't be top either if it wasn't for our great support throughout the season. We as fans deserve our time onthe pitch. It's the stuff dreams are made out of. I love watching pitch invasions, hoping one day I'll get my chance again, with my club and my fellow fans.

If you don't want to go on the pitch, then fair enough, but don't have a go at the people who want to.

Yes, I hope they turn the sprinklers on too, will be even more fun.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
It is extremely dull.

So all the years we've had pitch invasions we've been classless supporters?

If it wasn't for us fans the players wouldn't be there! They wouldn't be top either if it wasn't for our great support throughout the season. We as fans deserve our time onthe pitch. It's the stuff dreams are made out of. I love watching pitch invasions, hoping one day I'll get my chance again, with my club and my fellow fans.

If you don't want to go on the pitch, then fair enough, but don't have a go at the people who want to.

Yes, I hope they turn the sprinklers on too, will be even more fun.
If fans don't go on the pitch I'll be very very disappointed......

Apr 30, 2013
It's grim oop north

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
Even if you discount the many promotions, this will the 2nd time in my lifetime that the team will have been promoted to the top division. So once in a lifetime is best left to Talking Heads rather than trying to justify your decision.

Is that the only thing you can pick out?

It could be a once in a lifetime event for many fans. Who's to say we'll ever be promoted to the top division in the next 60 years?

That's not the point though really. It will be one of the biggest days in the club's history, and it should be celebrated that way.

Where do you sit by the way? I'll wave up at you so you can how much more fun I'm having.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here