Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Keep Off!

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
At the most important game in our history at Hereford ...... no pitch invasion . At Newcastle in 1979 until the players had celebrated in front of the fans ..... no pitch invasion , we went on the pitch after the team had left it . Everyone could enjoy the scenes at the final whistle .

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
The pitch invasion will be on Monday when we secure promotion, the players will be out for their lap of honour after the Bristol City game......so no clash/issues?

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
At the most important game in our history at Hereford ...... no pitch invasion . At Newcastle in 1979 until the players had celebrated in front of the fans ..... no pitch invasion , we went on the pitch after the team had left it . Everyone could enjoy the scenes at the final whistle .

Away games Cliff Hanger old boy, when it's at home and it matters the fans deserve a short time in celebration on the pitch.

As previously stated numerous times on this thread.

Game ends: The mother of all pitch invasions, marvellous scenes, tears of joy, life time memories logged to be recounted for years to come.

Notice on both scoreboards. "WE DID IT. ENJOY THIS MOMENT NOW PLEASE CLEAR THE PITCH SO THE PLAYERS AND MANAGEMENT CAN JOIN IN THE CELEBRATIONS".

Backed up by tannoy announcements.

Pitch cleared within 10 minutes, team out with their families no later than 15 minutes after the final whistle.

No need for threats of banning orders, trouser wetting, whatever.

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
Best day ever .This how to celebrate . As Kenneth Wolstenholme says .... and no Brighton fans attempt to invade the pitch . Class .https://youtu.be/_TJvDionCiQ

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
If this doesn't happen then an invasion just isn't worth it:-

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Notice on both scoreboards. "WE DID IT. ENJOY THIS MOMENT NOW PLEASE CLEAR THE PITCH SO THE PLAYERS AND MANAGEMENT CAN JOIN IN THE CELEBRATIONS".

Backed up by tannoy announcements.

Didn't work too well at Withdean though. In fact, according to some people on here, it was all those tannoy pleas that meant people absolutely had to stay on the pitch and prevent a proper lap of honour.

Might all be immaterial on Monday anyway as, unless we're mathematically secure, I'd be amazed if the players stick around to celebrate... surely they'll save it for when the job's definitely done.

PeterOut

Aug 16, 2016
I know a good number of people who are kicking themselves for not getting season tickets this season, for any number of reasons.
They are pretty much all watching this thread with interest, and looking forward to an extra 500+ tickets being made available for next season.
In fact, maybe one or two of them are encouraging people onto the pitch in this very thread? Who knows :whistle:

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Anyone who has signed a good behaviour promise to the club would be very wise to keep off the pitch I guess.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I'm confused about who's being precious here. The majority who want to be able to watch the players celebrate rather than having to leg it for the tunnel? Or the selfish minority who think that their 'right' to prance about on the pitch for 20 minutes somehow makes them much more passionate than the rest of us who've watched the club for 30 years.
This. I raised one eyebrow and pursed my lips at the post that prompted your reply. Then I lowered an eyebrow and unleashed a smirk when I read your reply. :thumbsup:
I think you're in there trueblue :love:

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
I know a good number of people who are kicking themselves for not getting season tickets this season, for any number of reasons.
They are pretty much all watching this thread with interest, and looking forward to an extra 500+ tickets being made available for next season.
In fact, maybe one or two of them are encouraging people onto the pitch in this very thread? Who knows :whistle:

If HUNDREDS or indeed thousands got banned for running on the pitch there wouldn't be a club left to support next season

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
So asking the club if I can switch seats for the next games to the low tier so that I can get on the pitch probably isn't going to go well then?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I'm confused about who's being precious here. The majority who want to be able to watch the players celebrate rather than having to leg it for the tunnel? Or the selfish minority who think that their 'right' to prance about on the pitch for 20 minutes somehow makes them much more passionate than the rest of us who've watched the club for 30 years.
Obviously, I'm not 'the majority' as I'm 1 person. But you're telling me that more than 15000 people feel they ABSOLUTELY HAVE TO run on the pitch. No way.
You think there are those that want to go on the pitch, and everyone else wants them to stay off - I'm not going on the pitch, but I want others to be able to, as long as they get off again after a couple of minutes. I can wait a couple of minutes, and then sing some sort of 'off the pitch' song, before seeing the players do their lap of honour.

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
You think there are those that want to go on the pitch, and everyone else wants them to stay off - I'm not going on the pitch, but I want others to be able to, as long as they get off again after a couple of minutes. I can wait a couple of minutes, and then sing some sort of 'off the pitch' song, before seeing the players do their lap of honour.

That is exactly my position as well, well said

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
You think? So all those people stayed on the pitch and spoilt the celebrations because they were being asked to get off it? Odd.

Sorry, what?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove

It's a reasonable idea in theory, not backed up by previous experience and still spoils the moment for the players who generally end up having to fight their way back to the dressing room before they lose most of their kit.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
So it could be that the pitch invasion happens on Monday, therefore enabling all to enjoy the players lap of honour after the last home game.
(Just kidding Mr Barber!)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here