Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

"We're on our way..." if fine but...

BryanTC

Apr 4, 2017
A song sang 20 years ago at Edgar Street was to the tune of The Seahorses - Love is the Law. It was sang at Hereford fans to remind them off where they were going in the conference and the away trips that awaited them. It went something like...

"Now we know where you're going Hereford,
So sit back and enjoy the ride,
Gateshead, Southport, Dover and Morecombe,
Tuesday night away trip to Hyde"
(Am sure someone will remember the right lyrics... )

So how about a new version...

"Now we know where we're going Brighton,
Let's sit back and enjoy the ride.
Arsenal, Chelsea, City, United
Liverpool on a Monday Night"

Thimble Keegan

Remy LeBeau
Jul 7, 2003
Rustington, Littlehampton
A song sang 20 years ago at Edgar Street was to the tune of The Seahorses - Love is the Law. It was sang at Hereford fans to remind them off where they were going in the conference and the away trips that awaited them. It went something like...

"Now we know where you're going Hereford,
So sit back and enjoy the ride,
Gateshead, Southport, Dover and Morecombe,
Tuesday night away trip to Hyde"
(Am sure someone will remember the right lyrics... )

So how about a new version...

"Now we know where we're going Brighton,
Let's sit back and enjoy the ride.
Arsenal, Chelsea, City, United
Liverpool on a Monday Night"

This was also reported in a book about football songs/chants called Dicks Out or something but I cannot recall it being sung at all. I remember buying said book and when I saw that I just thought the author made it up to help pad out the Albion section of the book.

In any account the updated version is not that great either.

Albion & England forever.

Thimble Keegan
Worthing BHA

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
This was also reported in a book about football songs/chants called Dicks Out or something but I cannot recall it being sung at all. I remember buying said book and when I saw that I just thought the author made it up to help pad out the Albion section of the book.

In any account the updated version is not that great either.

Albion & England forever.

Thimble Keegan
Worthing BHA

Don't remember it either. And it sounds unlikely. Maybe about a dozen people sang it before it died off and went back to singing 'Albion Albion Albion' - the proper version.

heathgate

NSC Patreon
Apr 13, 2015
I thought the rest of the sentence was going to be 'FFS slow it DOWN!'
That's a given.... maybe we can ask Bloom to install a giant metronome to make sure we all keep to the same song pace!!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

heathgate

NSC Patreon
Apr 13, 2015
I'm going to try and start a rendition of Don't Look back in Anger at Wolves.

I appreciate this has got nothing to do with football or promotion but it'll be nice to mix it up a little.
..... or Wonderwall.... that's always popular...

heathgate

NSC Patreon
Apr 13, 2015
And then if a copper comes in the middle of us to stop us jumping up and down we can knock his helmet off.
Never saw a copper interfere with a north stand knees up.... they interfered when we were having a tear up with the happy Hammers....

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
......while chanting "kill kill kill the bill"

Once laughed at the brighton fans singing we love Harry Roberts song at Fulham I got bashed on the crash barrier dragged out and pinned against the Cottage wall by the bill I was probable saved from a further beating by Graham Moseley passing me at half time and saying hello are you allright so they just ejected me. Close shave,it was a pretty poor song.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Never saw a copper interfere with a north stand knees up.... they interfered when we were having a tear up with the happy Hammers....

When there was pushing they would occasionally come in at the end of the song. Great days.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here