Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] August 12th / holidays

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
I will be in the Pyrenees throughout August and into September.

A pity to miss the start, but c'est la vie.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Those without children should already have the FIFA international breaks web page on their favourites. Early September is a good time.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
At Bloodstock, so unless we are the monday night game I'm missing it. August is normally a nightmare for me attending games with festivals and my birthday in the latter half of the month. I hope we are away, I'd rather not miss a home game.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
I am more worried about the array of dates and times the premership and the various TV deals set game times for. Away on a Wednesday or Thursday night with a 8PM KO, I suppose this season has sort of been a training session for the premership for the fans as well as the players.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Wall to wall coverage out there and at reasonable times of the day too.

Just enjoy being in Bali man!

Oh absolutely, and it was tongue in cheek. It's just thinking about it I could've left around 20th July and been back by the 10th/11th. Never mind, as you say, worse places to watch our games.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I am more worried about the array of dates and times the premership and the various TV deals set game times for. Away on a Wednesday or Thursday night with a 8PM KO, I suppose this season has sort of been a training session for the premership for the fans as well as the players.

There are almost ZERO Premier League matches scheduled for Wednesday nights, and none at all for Thursdays. In fact there are only generally about THREE or four midweek sets of PL fixtures all season. Your fears are misplaced.

(Apart from the ABOMINATION that is 'Monday Night Football, of course...)

Rabeen

Jul 11, 2003
Worthing
Had delayed booking until now. Checked the date of first round of games yesterday coincidentally (as didn't want to jinx anything by looking sooner), so was pleased to see first games are on the 12th. So although beholden to school holiday times have booked to go from the 1st to the 11th August to be back just in time.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
I hate flying and holidays bizarrely so i am never far away lol

Withdean and I

Aug 6, 2003
I booked our 3 week trip to Canada from 1st Aug back in November....I never think of football fixtures before family holidays. My priorities right there.

LowKarate

Jan 6, 2004
Wombling free
With supreme confidence (bordering arrogance) back in January I booked my main holiday to end 2 days before the opening Premier League game and also last October I booked a May half term holiday starting the weekend of the Play-Off Final, safe in the knowledge that we were going straight up this year.

I love it when a plan comes together.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here