Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is anybody still worried that we will not get automatic promotion?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
They do

11/04/16, 20:45 Nottingham Forest - Brighton and Hove Albion 1 : 2 (0 : 1) (1 : 1) 41. Gameday
27/09/14, 16:00 Nottingham Forest - Brighton and Hove Albion 0 : 0 (0 : 0) (0 : 0) 9. Gameday
03/05/14, 13:15 Nottingham Forest - Brighton 1 : 2 (1 : 0) (0 : 2) 46. Gameday
30/03/13, 16:00 Nottingham Forest - Brighton 2 : 2 (0 : 0) (2 : 2) 39. Gameday
24/03/12, 16:00 Nottingham Forest - Brighton 1 : 1 (0 : 0) (1 : 1) 39. Gameday
29/09/04, 20:45 Nottingham Forest - Brighton 0 : 1 (0 : 1) (0 : 0) 11. Gameday
League 1
24/03/08, 16:00 Nottingham Forest - Brighton 0 : 0 (0 : 0) (0 : 0) 40. Gameday
19/08/06, 16:00 Nottingham Forest - Brighton 2 : 1 (0 : 1) (2 : 0)

Unbeaten since 2006

That record is mostly after I stopped going to away games my time was from about 1968 to 2000.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
That record is mostly after I stopped going to away games my time was from about 1968 to 2000.
What has that got to do with us doing well there recently and then losing this season which was the point in the first place?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Recently we get draws at Molineux. The wins are at home.
Wolves were our go-to team when we were last in the top flight - they were usually worth 6 points a season to us back then (4 points before it went to 3 points for a win). They got relegated in 1982, and without their six points in 82-83 it was curtains for us too!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Wolves were our go-to team when we were last in the top flight - they were usually worth 6 points a season to us back then (4 points before it went to 3 points for a win). They got relegated in 1982, and without their six points in 82-83 it was curtains for us too!

That is what I am basing my hopes on as opposed to recent history because as has happened this season we have gone against the recent records at Sheff Wed and QPR.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Huddersfield seem genuinely worried that they could still miss out on the play-offs, so there's no doubt they'll be going for every game. Whether they've got anything left in the tank is less certain, and without the two Chelsea loanees - both injured - they're not the threat they looked against us.

If they can get the points they'll need to overtake us, then they'll richly deserve automatic promotion. And if we fail to get the points we need to stop them, then we deserve nothing.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Huddersfield seem genuinely worried that they could still miss out on the play-offs, so there's no doubt they'll be going for every game. Whether they've got anything left in the tank is less certain, and without the two Chelsea loanees - both injured - they're not the threat they looked against us.

If they can get the points they'll need to overtake us, then they'll richly deserve automatic promotion. And if we fail to get the points we need to stop them, then we deserve nothing.

If we do blow it from here we will be needing at least half a team and a new manager as heads will ROLL from top to bottom at the club

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1

Chelsea boys back next week no? Not that its relevant to us.

Sent from my P9000 using Tapatalk

Davemania

Jul 11, 2011
Uckfield
No. We turned a huge corner with the 3 wins in 6 days. This is our time and I'm going to enjoy every minute of it.

I, as all fans, normally go through the wringer at this time of the season in terms of nerves and stress. Since last weekend though, I feel as calm as anything. What a lovely situation to be in. It could have been so tense right up to the away game at Villa. Like last season away at Middlesborough which quite frankly was pretty bloody draining. We deserve it as a fan base and club after many many years of struggle and strife

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
1AA75DF1-1661-4467-8C962AA38223B58E_H180_Wauto.jpg

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
I am confident (AT LAST) because I think we will AT LEAST win one and draw one of our remaining 5 games and I see Huddersfield dropping at least 2 points, probably more.
Huddersfield's result v Burton was an absolute shocker for them, I've felt it since then.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Apart from the 10 point deduction threat for apparently fielding a totally uninterested player i think we will be ok .

I have no idea who you mean................

oh.

:lolol::facepalm:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Hopefully the first head to roll would be the author of the ridiculous announcement about keeping off the pitch...

Jim, how long have I known you? Nearly 20 years. Always a measured and sensible bloke. And now you have turned into a pitch invading chav numpty. I am frankly appalled and saddened. And appalled. :lolol::bigwave:

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Slight nagging doubt that if one club could blow this in our position, we've got history in shooting ourselves in the foot. Win at Wolves and as good as up though

No we haven't.

As I have stated before, you have to go back over 40 years to find the last time we entered New Year in the promotion positions and failed to go up.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I'm obviously eager for us to absolutely seal the deal as soon as possible, as all the time it's not mathematically certain, I feel like we can't allow ourselves to get carried away.

Then I think to myself: if we were in Huddersfield's position looking up, we'd be thinking there was no chance of Brighton slipping up, or of making up that points difference in the games left over.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here