Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bang, bang! You're down.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Some clubs look like they will bounce straight back but the set up at Orient doesnt appear that will be the case for them. They need a new owner who is football orientated and set them up to play the game properly. Perhaps merge with Billericay and then their owner will get league football.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Horrible state of affairs... Personally, I hated Orient in the late 90's, became indifferent to them in the early 2000's, and warmed to them when Slade went there with Coxy.

Whatever my personal feelings, it's irrelevant. How this shyster of a chairman has been allowed to take over a club and how the FA have allowed it to go this far is a disgrace.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Whatever you think of Leyton Orient, the complete failure of the governing body to do it's job protecting football clubs from being asset stripped or grossly mismanaged is the issue here. Hearn had his critics, but he proved for several years that he was at least competent in managing that club and he's now sold it to people who have absolutely no interest in the well-being of LOFC.

It is shameful that this has been allowed to go on. Plus ca change. When people like Greg Dyke pull their hair out at the fact they can't ever change anything in the FA, because proposals are always overruled by 70 year old white men who won't change anything all the while they are getting their free cup final tickets, it is time to sit up and take notice. It is time the government were involved. If the FA can't implement a functional fit and proper test that protects the clubs from potentially unscrupulous owners, then the duffers running the national game need to be forcibly removed by law.

I would like to nominate the above for "post of the year" or some such.

Sums up most things that are wrong about football today; ie the senile old gits running the FA

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Their players still haven't been paid for March and if the club fails to do so within fourteen days of the scheduled pay day, the players could legitimately walk out and leave them without a team for their Good Friday fixture. The Standard is suggesting they'll finally get their money today (so, only twelve days late...). Their last game against Crawley featured only three players aged over twenty- the rest were all ex youth teamers thrown in to fill the gaps resulting from other players being sold or released. They flogged their top scorer to an MLS side in the transfer window, receiving very little recompense for him and certainly not replacing him. The chairman seems an absolute loon.

So yes, on the one hand it is "only" a drop to the Conference, but it might be more problematic than that for this particular club. There is a chance they may go into administration and spiral ever further downwards.

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
There but for the grace of God etc !
Some of their players acted like cocks that day but players only pass through - the club and the fans will stay.
Of all the clubs we should know that better than anyone

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
If they were just sh*t then fair enough, but the owner has caused this I reckon so their fans have a degree of sympathy from me too. Hopefully he'll get bored and they'll be back at some point!

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
One of the very few number of clubs that voted FOR expelling us from the football league.
And it's a complete shithole.

I'm not shedding any tears for them.
Cheerio Watford O

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
There but for the grace of God etc !
Some of their players acted like cocks that day but players only pass through - the club and the fans will stay.
Of all the clubs we should know that better than anyone

And now their fans are realising what we were going through when they were continually taking the piss. The big difference between clubs is that we, Albion fans, did something about it. Then Build a Bonfire was published-the manual for fans of all clubs with shitty owners. They still haven't done anything (that I am aware of).

Barry Hearn is as guilty as the new owners for their position.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Will Barry Hearn even notice it happening if they fold? I will never forgive him for his part in trying to push us over the precipice. He sold the O's to complete shysters & scuttled off with his coin. Does he care about Orient? Does he hell.
Whilst not celebrating their demise, I can't feel any pity, as I remember how they enjoyed our hardships. So, what goes around comes around.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here