Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Explosion reported near Dortmund team bus at their hotel

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Brave comeback by Dortmund in the second half but they may have given themselves too much to do. 3-2 down going to Monaco for the second leg. I hope they can do it with their minds back fully focused on football.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
UEFA, FIFA. Both shit organisations interested only in the money.

BVB should never have been made to play tonight.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Goes against what was originally said, which means this could get interesting - I imagine the Dortmund board wanted it played.

Should of just of had a one off game next week.

I'm confused. What was originally said? Did UEFA make them play the game?

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
I'm confused. What was originally said? Did UEFA make them play the game?

Following Tuchel's comments, Uefa released a statement saying the decision to play the match at 17:45 BST on Wednesday was made in "complete agreement with clubs and authorities".

European football's governing body added: "We were in touch with all parties today and never received any information which suggested that any of the teams did not want to play."

From the BBC

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Market trader who wanted to make money on Dortmund falling share value arrested.
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-39664212

Also reported here.
https://apnews.com/49f9c0cbc2bb4f9f...an-arrested-over-bombing-of-German-soccer-bus

Prosecutors said they planned to make a statement later Friday, but revealed that the suspect had bought a large number of so-called put options for shares of Borussia Dortmund. These would have entitled him to sell the 15,000 shares at a pre-determined price, which could have resulted in a substantial profit if their value had fallen in the meantime, prosecutors said.

"A significant share price drop could have been expected if a player had been seriously injured or even killed as a result of the attack," they said.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Also reported here.
https://apnews.com/49f9c0cbc2bb4f9f...an-arrested-over-bombing-of-German-soccer-bus

Prosecutors said they planned to make a statement later Friday, but revealed that the suspect had bought a large number of so-called put options for shares of Borussia Dortmund. These would have entitled him to sell the 15,000 shares at a pre-determined price, which could have resulted in a substantial profit if their value had fallen in the meantime, prosecutors said.

"A significant share price drop could have been expected if a player had been seriously injured or even killed as a result of the attack," they said.

I'm expecting all free market economists to publicly denounce this attack.

AK74

Bright-eyed. Bushy-tailed. GSOH.
NSC Patron
Jan 19, 2010
Clearly the world's most activist investor.

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
What a ****!!
I hope the Brossuia Dormund fans give him a brilliant reception when he goes to court!
I'd be totally ****ing angry if anyone did that to the Albion!

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
What a surreal twist. If this was a made for TV movie it would be considered preposterous.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here