Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Villa tickets

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Actually went to their European Cup Final against Bayern Munich in Rotterdam, tedious game as well but job done

How did you get to go to this? You must have been a young lad at the time; it must have been a great experience?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
How did you get to go to this? You must have been a young lad at the time; it must have been a great experience?

Basically met two Villa fans at England away games when England away was very different to what it is now and was 20 at the time.

They rang us a few weeks before the game and invited us out there so three of us went, we got the overnight ferry from Harwich and arrived on the day, met them at the Station after booking a B and B at the seaside area as we stayed a couple of nights. Nice lads and bought tickets on the day in the Villa end at cost price.

We drank in the main square where there seemed endless supplies of free beer, the local bars did not twig Villa fans were helping themselves to crates stacked out the back of bars as Dutch were so trustworthy.

At the game it kicked off big time in Bayern end as many squaddies based in Germany got tickets in their end.

Sadly the following season Villa played Juventus in the quarter-final and one of the Villa fans we knew got stabbed at the home tie but he was OK.

Happy days to say the least.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Basically met two Villa fans at England away games when England away was very different to what it is now and was 20 at the time.

They rang us a few weeks before the game and invited us out there so three of us went, we got the overnight ferry from Harwich and arrived on the day, met them at the Station after booking a B and B at the seaside area as we stayed a couple of nights. Nice lads and bought tickets on the day in the Villa end at cost price.

We drank in the main square where there seemed endless supplies of free beer, the local bars did not twig Villa fans were helping themselves to crates stacked out the back of bars as Dutch were so trustworthy.

At the game it kicked off big time in Bayern end as many squaddies based in Germany got tickets in their end.

Sadly the following season Villa played Juventus in the quarter-final and one of the Villa fans we knew got stabbed at the home tie but he was OK.

Happy days to say the least.

Slightly sad ending with the stabbing but otherwise a great tale.

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
How unproffesional is that site this is at the bottom of the text "Villa have some great fixtures coming up that you won't want to miss. January will see Villa take on both Preston North End and Bristol City to kick the year off."

Good luck to all those on getting your money back. Daylight robbery.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Just spoken to Aston Villa on the phone. Sounds like this may all be resolved now.

I understand that an email is being sent very shortly to all people who had ticket purchases declined and that all will receive refunds. The issue was partially people who bought via Seatwave and partially an issue of policing.

Had a very apologetic Manager on the phone who was incredibly complimentary about the Albion and our fans. Wished us luck in the Prem and hoped they'd be joining us the following season.

bungeroosh

Aug 23, 2011
I just called their ticket line on 0333 323 1874 and asked for a refund. Initially I was told I couldn't get a refund. I then threatened legal action. A supervisor overheard the conversation and told him to give me a refund. He took the seatwave order number and said I would get a refund in 3-4 working days.

I think they are refunding anybody who phones up.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Got my refund . . . . . . at last:

"Following our recent conversation about your order #1944560, we're just writing to confirm that a refund of £42.04 has now been processed for you. Please note that this refund could take up to 10 days to appear, depending on your individual bank or credit card company.
A sincere apology from all of us here at Seatwave. We know that your experience with us this time has been less than perfect, but we will continue to work hard to make sure the next time it's great."

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Got my refund . . . . . . at last:

"Following our recent conversation about your order #1944560, we're just writing to confirm that a refund of £42.04 has now been processed for you. Please note that this refund could take up to 10 days to appear, depending on your individual bank or credit card company.
A sincere apology from all of us here at Seatwave. We know that your experience with us this time has been less than perfect, but we will continue to work hard to make sure the next time it's great."

We received the same email luckily we had already been refunded by our bank last week.

Seat Wave will refund us and in turn we will refund our bank but it's a bit of a cheek of Seat Wave they will have had this money sitting in their bank account for the best part of a month taken from me under the false pretence that they would be supplying the tickets they must be running this scam all year making millions

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here