Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

End of Season prediction thing borrowed from Huddersfield Examiner.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
table.png

I din't think I was being overly optimistic when doing this.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Assuming we don't f**k this up (which would be a f**k up of epic proportions), it's going to be quite satisfying kicking back with a few beers and watching the play-offs unfold. Huddersfield v Leeds would be a humdinger.

Playoffs when you are already up are the BEST thing to watch ever - especially as fans of a team who know the monumental stress of playoffs all too well.

And yes, it's all set up for a Monk vs Wagner rematch on the Wembley turf. Carnage.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
I get us going into the last game 2 points ahead of Newcastle.

Meaning we need to win the game to be sure of winning the title.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Playoffs when you are already up are the BEST thing to watch ever - especially as fans of a team who know the monumental stress of playoffs all too well.

And yes, it's all set up for a Monk vs Wagner rematch on the Wembley turf. Carnage.

oooh yes I had forgotten about their run in that would be good, Wagner running up and down the touchline giving Monk the bird.... epic

FloatLeft

Jun 12, 2012
d5688d4de118a92b8b3ac9ddd3acc0af.jpg

Down to goal difference so the top 2 could be swapped.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Quite amazing to see that top seven, of which possibly two you'd have betted on getting in the top six (Newcastle and Brighton). No Villa, Norwich or Derby, that would probably have been in most people's predictions.

GooGull

Aug 14, 2016
1 Brighton 97
2 Newcastle 93
3 Leeds 85
4 Huddersfield 84
5 Reading 80
6 Fulham 78
7 Sheffield Wednesday 75

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Quite amazing to see that top seven, of which possibly two you'd have betted on getting in the top six (Newcastle and Brighton). No Villa, Norwich or Derby, that would probably have been in most people's predictions.

Quite.

I'm sure most folk outside BHA were expecting something similar to this:

1. Newcastle
2. Norwich
3. Aston Villa
4. Derby
5. Massive
6. Brighton

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Quite.

I'm sure most folk outside BHA were expecting something similar to this:

1. Newcastle
2. Norwich
3. Aston Villa
4. Derby
5. Massive
6. Brighton

Very true, both at the bookies and the sensible judgement based on squad cost/parachute income/player wage bill.

Shows how CH and the Board/player recruitment guys, have overachieved.

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
you can predict the final table fir any league at

http://www.thefishy.co.uk/calculator2.php

You can choose which teams you want to put in results for and the predictor fills in its own predictions for the rest of the results.

Ran a bunch of predictions on Fishy site, with no manual input (so all results predicted by the software). Started to see a trend that it was more likely to predict a Brighton title than a Newcastle one, so decided to run 15 and actually record the results. Got this after 15 predictions:

- We claim the title 9 times.
- We tie on points but lose on GD twice.
- Our average points finish is 93.
- Newcastle's is 91.
- Newcastle's lowest predicted points finish was 85 (!), and highest 95 (but I saw 99 at least once in the runs I did before recording results).
- Our lowest is 89, and highest 97 (but again, I saw a 99 before recording them).
- Not once did Huddersfield finish top 2.

All of which is pretty meaningless, but does look pretty if you want to believe that we're favourites to take the title.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
table.JPG

That has us losing the last game; basically, we are up already....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here