Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

More sad news

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Its a shit deal that some of us get, although there appears always to be someone worse of than you. I have stage 3 pancreatic cancer, symptoms for only three days and then diagnosis. Was given seven moths to live on the 23rd July but am still here. Among other things I want to see my club ( we all have some ownership) promoted to the Prem and will stick this out for another month to make that happen. For the stats, I don't smoke, drink, eat unhealthily, I exercise regularly having been a triathlete after being a soldier. I avoided death in Iraq and Somalia and so I guess my time has come, but even as i approach death i remain happy, positive and full of ideas.
Like your mate I have no anger or bitterness and having this condition strangely has made me a better person, 55 years old, a 1901 East Platinum ticket holder. Cancer sufferers are not brave, we have no choice, we deal with it. I personally am not fighting it as I don't believe that you can fight something you can't see, feel, taste, hear or touch, but we do challenge the condition. My condolences to you for your friends passing, other than tax, death is the only certainty in life.

Thoughts with you, fella. Don't mind saying your post has choked me up.

Let's do this, for you more than anyone.

PG

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Its a shit deal that some of us get, although there appears always to be someone worse of than you. I have stage 3 pancreatic cancer, symptoms for only three days and then diagnosis. Was given seven moths to live on the 23rd July but am still here. Among other things I want to see my club ( we all have some ownership) promoted to the Prem and will stick this out for another month to make that happen. For the stats, I don't smoke, drink, eat unhealthily, I exercise regularly having been a triathlete after being a soldier. I avoided death in Iraq and Somalia and so I guess my time has come, but even as i approach death i remain happy, positive and full of ideas.
Like your mate I have no anger or bitterness and having this condition strangely has made me a better person, 55 years old, a 1901 East Platinum ticket holder. Cancer sufferers are not brave, we have no choice, we deal with it. I personally am not fighting it as I don't believe that you can fight something you can't see, feel, taste, hear or touch, but we do challenge the condition. My condolences to you for your friends passing, other than tax, death is the only certainty in life.

If I can just reply to this as this post has affected me personally. Most of you who knew Tony Langridge ( woodingdean seagull) sucummed to cancer of the aesophogus(sp?) and he had the same spirit you show. He was my best friend and I miss him terribly every home game I pat his seat and remember his tremendous friendship. It seems so trite to say I hope you keep battling your illness, but please know that I and others are thinking of you and wish you and your family all the very best for the future.

Having come very close to meeting my maker a few years ago, I live life to the absolute full and try not to waste a day ( apart from being on here too much)

All the best
Dave

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
What a moving post. I'm speechless

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants
Very sad news.

Did he by any chance sit towards the south end of WSU in Row M? There's a guy who we always used to exchange a few words with as he made his way past us but we've missed his appearances of late.

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
Truely heartbroken I will never forget the encouragement he always gave me about my son Andrew (nhs leg pain) when he was fighting it now 3 years clear . Thank you for always having something nice to say will never forget R.I.P true hero

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne

a very sad post (my cousin has just gone with this, she was more like my sister) me and my Mrs have our problems but no where near as bad, my thoughts are with you.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
R I P Nigel..............

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
NSC has a way of connecting people who've never met but somehow seem to have more in common than they would ever have known.

I did so enjoy reading his posts.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Very sad news.

Did he by any chance sit towards the south end of WSU in Row M? There's a guy who we always used to exchange a few words with as he made his way past us but we've missed his appearances of late.

RIP Nigel. As with most of you I only "knew" him through NSC, but all of us must also know a lot of posters in real life, or sit near them, or see them on the concourse without realising.

Is it appropriate to ask for a surname or picture?

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
After such an amazing weekend for our club, it's a sad way to start the week. My condolences to his family and anyone close to him.

Is there anything we can do as a memorial for posters who have left us? It would be nice to remember them in some way. Even just an edit to their profile or something?

Since1982

Sep 30, 2006
Burgess Hill
Very sad to read this news, as others have said his posts were always worth reading. We exchanged messages a few years ago about our respective health issues and he had a wonderful dignity about his situation. And to Brighton Mod, your post is both hugely sad and uplifting at the same time. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here