Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

More sad news

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Sad news. I only 'know' him from his posting on here, but seemed a warm and respectful man.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
So very sad. Perhaps because we shared the same name and the same school (although I never knew him to my knowledge) it seems to hit home more.
I hope he is at peace. There are so many who will be sharing our celebrations in our memories in the weeks ahead.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Although i never met him, we had a few chats on here (both being from Hove Grammar and having Alex Dawson as our hero). A lovely person who will be very sadly missed.

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
Really shyt news. I remember reading his and Cornish Seagull's pep talks to each other and just admiring their strength and encouragement for one another.

RIP Nigel.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Heartfelt condolences, a sad loss not only to his family and you but also the wider NSC & Albion community.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Horrible news. Glad he saw such a wonderful season for Brighton but sad he won't see us promoted. RIP.

Mrs Jakarta is currently fighting Breast Cancer and my Uncle is terminal with Prostate and also Skin Cancer.

Such a f*cking awful disease but it is getting more survivable, apparently the type of Cancer Mrs J has got would have seen her off in months in the past but she has got a fighting chance due to modern chemotherapy.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
OMG - so close to seeing the ultimate success !!! RIP Nigel. Always liked his posts on here - thoughtful and interesting.

This.

As said already, an intelligent poster. At least, from an Albion perspective, he must have been happy to see us in this amazing position. R.I.P. Nigel.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Very sad news - again only knew him on here but he was one of those posters who you tend to take notice of.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Awful news, one of the people who was often on the same threads as me (Cricket), always liked our chats and was sad when he became upset at the route Sussex CCC were taking, downhill. I hope in his honour Sussex can return to Horsham, a place with a great tradition and history of cricket. It was a sunny weekend at the cricket this weekend and we have a bank holiday weekend of football that he will sadly not get to experiene. Even though I didnt know you, past the chats on this web site, we could easily have been sitting next to each other, or queing at the bars and having that sporing chat.

It will be a gaping hole left by the missing smirk of Alex Dawson on his avatar not popping up with a comment or opinion any more.

Crispy Ambulance

May 27, 2010
Burgess Hill
RIP Nigel.

When (not if) we get promoted, there will be many a tear shed in both joy for the achievement, and sadness for those who never got to see it. Like Paul Whelch last week, it seems particularly bloody cruel to be taken this close!

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
RIP Nigel and condolences to his friends and family. One of the most knowledgeable posters on here at times and his NSC contributions were always thoughtful.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Sad news.
RIP

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
Dreadful news RIP
A couple of pics of his hero

Attachments

• img661.jpg
    img661.jpg
    737.9 KB · Views: 493
  • alex-dawson.jpg
    alex-dawson.jpg
    597.3 KB · Views: 491

Oh dear. Very sad news. I got to know Nigel very well, through NSC, and e-mail correspondence, in which his determination to have the truth told about things that mattered to him (and others) shone through.

I'm not a great fan of the version of living with cancer that uses words like "battling". Nigel was a battler, but his adversary wasn't the disease, it was what he saw as things that anyone could see were wrong.

I'll miss him.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
One can only echo the thoughts of others....he was a poster you took notice of ..i remember his posts being measured and fact based and respected and will be missed..my condolences to his loved ones.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here