Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How would promotion change our club long term?

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Fair point.

Go to very few away games these days though have been to a fair few grounds over the years. Agree that our offering is no worse than most.

Appreciate that mass catering is difficult and guess that my views are coloured by my perception that the pies have deteriorated over the past couple of years!

Catering receipts must be so small though compared with other revenues that I'd just like to see a few other options e.g. sandwiches, fruit pots, and more/better wines, all at lower prices.

Perhaps a self-service type outlet might be an option?

Guess that puts me in with the prawn sandwich brigade.......

Responding to the OP though, dare I say that we may well enjoy the football rather less?

We'll have the glamour of the big clubs playing every week but we've got very used to winning over the past two seasons and look how even that provokes meltdown on NSC when we slip up!

I think it's great that TB will see a return on his massive investment and this team deserves a crack at the Premier League but I can see it being a difficult transition period if we are to establish ourselves as a permanent fixture.

Personally, if I were TB, I'd be looking for new investors into the club (with TB still the major shareholder though) as it seems nigh on impossible to compete these days without a billionaire or two on board.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I took my mate to the 1901 game I went to, he's a die hard Gooner of over 50 years. Anyway, he said the fish and chips at the Emirates costs £13. I think catering at away grounds may get a right beating on here.

I took my mate to the 1901 game I went to, he's a die hard Gooner of over 50 years. Anyway, he said the fish and chips at the Emirates costs £13. I think catering at away grounds may get a right beating on here.

Not off me it won't, I had a burger at Maine Rd in 1989 and possibly a pie or something at Barnet in the late 90,s other than that in 40 years of going to the match, caterers haven't had a penny off me (Except for Beer at The Amex)

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Not off me it won't, I had a burger at Maine Rd in 1989 and possibly a pie or something at Barnet in the late 90,s other than that in 40 years of going to the match, caterers haven't had a penny off me (Except for Beer at The Amex)

I guess the good thing about Arsenal, and Tottenham, you're not far from Green Lanes and proper Cypriot food at very low prices (I sound like an advert! :wink:)

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Many clubs struggle if relegated so it's imperative we don't pay silly wages and give long contracts out....We're sensible and will be just fine as we have a fantastic infrastructure.

And further that there are conditions in contracts to cover the eventuality of relegation - eg. your contracted salary will reduce to Y from X but we will allow you to leave for the appropriate offer etc. !

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Any chance of some prawn sandwiches in WSL ? Preferably on granary, with a bit of rocket and lemon mayo.

Be nice if they served that in 1901 too...I'd probably buy one.

Every pundit will suddenly have an opinion on your team; how it plays, how it should play, which players "aren't that kind of lad", which players "have that in their locker". All based on nothing but a cursory glance at the team sheet and a gut feeling. Research is unmanly, I guess? You'll be called plucky, brave, honest, unless you start very well and then you're a "breath of fresh air, shaking things up".

Opposition fans will either patronise you or if they're one of a raft of mediocre parochial sides with nowt to play for after December, they'll try and stir some kind of faux rivalry with you (Swansea are good for this).

Some teams riches put them so far ahead of you that they'll turn up, not play particularly well and just steam roller you. Man United look like this is their schtick at the minute. Other teams are genuinely a joy to watch live. I know we did the double over them last season, but I managed to catch Spurs a couple of times outside those fixtures and, honestly, they were electric. Liverpool and Man City play some lovely stuff too. But there's few things better than derailing a "big" clubs push for Europe/title. We've done it a couple of times, but last year was hilarious. Here we are, a terrible side, populated by has beens, never was and never will bes already relegated for the second time in 7yrs. Spurs are playing great football, full of exciting young players, going for 2nd place and finishing above Arsenal for the first time in... well I don't know how long. And we go ahead and smash them 5-1 :lolol:

Think every Geordie will be happy to see Hughton get promoted and few would begrudge him the title.

Nice post - thanks!

It's posts like these that mean that I don't vote for an away end on NSC...

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I'm looking forward to all the plastic Arsenal/Chelsea/ManUtd/Spurs fans I barely know all asking me "how easy it would be for you to get me a ticket"?

How about cock off?

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
Seriously?? If we hold on to the current management and back room staff as well as the wonderful Mr Bloom I can see BHA becoming a top club. Everything is geared up for this so lets see. Biggest change? Surprising the f**k out of the bedwetters and finishing top 6. :albion2:

Technohead

Aug 10, 2013
Burgess Hill
It's largely just that they now use LEDs in the Premier League so that they can be switched back on immediately after a power failure, rather than having to be warmed up for half an hour as happened a couple of seasons ago. Hence certain tinpot Premier League clubs now having a "light show". They're slightly brighter too but I don't think that will make a huge difference to anything.

The lights have to have a better vertical luminence I think ..... something to do with broadcasting the games in ultra HD

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Quote Originally Posted by Simster View Post
I'm looking forward to all the plastic Arsenal/Chelsea/ManUtd/Spurs fans I barely know all asking me "how easy it would be for you to get me a ticket"?

How about cock off?

100 x this.

'Sorry mate, no chance' [emoji867][emoji867][emoji867]

So wrong. Tell them you have a ticket and are picking it up at the stadium and to meet you there an hour before KO. Turn off your phone and go have a beer with your Brighton mates in the concourse. Job done.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here