Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How would promotion change our club long term?

biddles911

May 12, 2014
Maybe the club could install some moderate heating in the concourse and an introduction to some fine wines and cheeses:thumbsup:

I'd settle for some better pies and a bit more imagination all round on the catering front.

An awful lot of people bring their own food and drink which speaks volumes for current quality......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

biddles911

May 12, 2014
I'd settle for some better pies and a bit more imagination all round on the catering front.

An awful lot of people bring their own food and drink which speaks volumes for current quality and high prices......

The red pepper kid

Dec 30, 2014
An awful lot of people bring their own food and drink which speaks volumes for current quality......

no it just means novelty has worn off and is too expensive --- cant beat your own half time snack lovely jubbly- cant do it at away games so I make the most of it at home games

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel

If you think the quality of food is poor at The Amex, I'm guessing you've been to very few; if any, away games.

Whilst you get the odd dodgey pie, they're usually a million times better than Pukka Pies & soggy sausage rolls that you get at 90% of football grounds around the country.

:shrug:

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
We will be leaving the sports industry and joining the 'entertainment' industry.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
New flood lights.

The Fish

Exiled Geordie
Jan 5, 2017
Every pundit will suddenly have an opinion on your team; how it plays, how it should play, which players "aren't that kind of lad", which players "have that in their locker". All based on nothing but a cursory glance at the team sheet and a gut feeling. Research is unmanly, I guess? You'll be called plucky, brave, honest, unless you start very well and then you're a "breath of fresh air, shaking things up".

Opposition fans will either patronise you or if they're one of a raft of mediocre parochial sides with nowt to play for after December, they'll try and stir some kind of faux rivalry with you (Swansea are good for this).

Some teams riches put them so far ahead of you that they'll turn up, not play particularly well and just steam roller you. Man United look like this is their schtick at the minute. Other teams are genuinely a joy to watch live. I know we did the double over them last season, but I managed to catch Spurs a couple of times outside those fixtures and, honestly, they were electric. Liverpool and Man City play some lovely stuff too. But there's few things better than derailing a "big" clubs push for Europe/title. We've done it a couple of times, but last year was hilarious. Here we are, a terrible side, populated by has beens, never was and never will bes already relegated for the second time in 7yrs. Spurs are playing great football, full of exciting young players, going for 2nd place and finishing above Arsenal for the first time in... well I don't know how long. And we go ahead and smash them 5-1 :lolol:

Think every Geordie will be happy to see Hughton get promoted and few would begrudge him the title.

el punal

New flood lights.

When I went on my tour of the Amex, superb by the way, the point about the floodlights was raised. The tour guide (superb as well) stated that the floodlights were not up to the standard required for Premier League and would have to be upgraded should we make it to the promised land.

So on that basis the future's bright and the East Stand can now switch off their phones. :D

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Whilst we will be better off financially, it is only relative and the buying and paying of players capable of keeping us there will not reduce the stress on all associated with the club. What is does do however is make us more attractive for takeover and, whilst TB is a great owner and benefactor, it will be difficult for even him to hold on to the club in the cut throat world of Premier League football.
We have all been looking forward to these glorious days, I hope ot won't , in the long term, be a case of being careful what you wish for.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
If we WERE to be promoted, maybe we'd start to treat Cup competitions more seriously, instead of just chucking starting places out to the reserves to stop them overly moaning about their lack of proper first team opportunities. Currently great for the reserves. For the fans who pay good money in the earlier rounds expecting to see a full strength Albion side not be rolled over? Not so much.

If we WERE to be promoted, maybe we'd start to treat Cup competitions more seriously, instead of just chucking starting places out to the reserves to stop them overly moaning about their lack of proper first team opportunities. Currently great for the reserves. For the fans who pay good money in the earlier rounds expecting to see a full strength Albion side not be rolled over? Not so much.

Indeed, the teams that take positions 10-17 in the table have a great chance/record of reaching the League Cup Final or the last 4 of the FA Cup, I'd love to be a part of that

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
It means I will play as Brighton on career mode on Fifa.

I don't normally as we don't have the amex on the game and our players faces haven't been scanned in by the team at EA.....and when we get promoted we have the EFL badge on our kit and it really annoys me.

I think we can all agree this would be the biggest upside to being promoted

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
When I went on my tour of the Amex, superb by the way, the point about the floodlights was raised. The tour guide (superb as well) stated that the floodlights were not up to the standard required for Premier League and would have to be upgraded should we make it to the promised land.

So on that basis the future's bright and the East Stand can now switch off their phones. :D

That's one that's surprised me.

I'm wondering what the difference in standard from Football League to Premier League is?

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
Not worthwhile. With the club having sold 23,000 season tickets, and a waiting list of 1,500, an away allocation of 3,075 (10% of capacity), that only leaves around 4,000 for match by match sales. Aside from away fans the vast majority will be established, dyed in the wool, Albion fans who will probably stick two fingers up to such crap tat.

Away ticket allocation rules in Premier League:

3,000 tickets or, if the capacity of the home club's stadium is less than 30,000, such number of tickets as is equal to 10 per cent.

Therefore, the away allocation will be 3000. The same number of tickets we'll get when we visit the top 6. Imagine the binfest.

biddles911

May 12, 2014
If you think the quality of food is poor at The Amex, I'm guessing you've been to very few; if any, away games.

Whilst you get the odd dodgey pie, they're usually a million times better than Pukka Pies & soggy sausage rolls that you get at 90% of football grounds around the country.

:shrug:

Fair point.

Go to very few away games these days though have been to a fair few grounds over the years. Agree that our offering is no worse than most.

Appreciate that mass catering is difficult and guess that my views are coloured by my perception that the pies have deteriorated over the past couple of years!

Catering receipts must be so small though compared with other revenues that I'd just like to see a few other options e.g. sandwiches, fruit pots, and more/better wines, all at lower prices.

Perhaps a self-service type outlet might be an option?

Guess that puts me in with the prawn sandwich brigade.......

Responding to the OP though, dare I say that we may well enjoy the football rather less?

We'll have the glamour of the big clubs playing every week but we've got very used to winning over the past two seasons and look how even that provokes meltdown on NSC when we slip up!

I think it's great that TB will see a return on his massive investment and this team deserves a crack at the Premier League but I can see it being a difficult transition period if we are to establish ourselves as a permanent fixture.

Personally, if I were TB, I'd be looking for new investors into the club (with TB still the major shareholder though) as it seems nigh on impossible to compete these days without a billionaire or two on board.....

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
That's one that's surprised me.

I'm wondering what the difference in standard from Football League to Premier League is?

It's largely just that they now use LEDs in the Premier League so that they can be switched back on immediately after a power failure, rather than having to be warmed up for half an hour as happened a couple of seasons ago. Hence certain tinpot Premier League clubs now having a "light show". They're slightly brighter too but I don't think that will make a huge difference to anything.

Therefore, the away allocation will be 3000. The same number of tickets we'll get when we visit the top 6. Imagine the binfest.

This is why I'm really worried that, because these last few games are on Fridays so I can't go, I'm going to end up not having enough points for some key games next season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here