Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Amex capacity increase - if so where?

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Nobody told you Falmer was temporary? Designed to get us to the top flight? Our new 70000 all seater is being built on re claimed land off the Marina.

I have my doubts. I've heard there's a community of nudists who are campaigning to stop the construction of the stadium. Looks like the yes yes vote will be required again. This could take years.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I have my doubts. I've heard there's a community of nudists who are campaigning to stop the construction of the stadium. Looks like the yes yes vote will be required again. This could take years.

hmm,slight oversight there....ouch...not again

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
A Lego stand where the coach park is with everybody getting VR and massive speakers relaying crowd noises is my bet.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
After a few months, the attendances will drop. People don't like watching a team lose.
That sounds negative, but realistically we will lose more than we win, in the Prem.

But most visiting teams will be the draw rather than our results?

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
After a few months, the attendances will drop. People don't like watching a team lose.
That sounds negative, but realistically we will lose more than we win, in the Prem.

I have a friend who is not interested in Albion,he is very much interested in football and players, in particular the Premier players,the type that would pay if he could to see them.

Besides we have a waiting list of sorts....a few months? i don't think so..

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Not going to happen, transport infrastructure is stretched already and Barber has said further expansion is too costly for the number of seats you would get. Only possible changes in future would be safe standing.

I seem to recall them saying that the only way to make a significant increase in capacity would be to remove the roof and therefore major reconstruction work would be needed, which is very cost prohibitive.

The only way this may ever happen (which would be very unlikely) is if there was to be a provable long term demand for this extra capacity which would mean that it would have to eventually repay those high installation costs rather than potentially just becoming unused capacity for most games

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

With our number of season tickets sold already? There might be empty seats but attendances will rarely be less than 28,000 (as announced at every home game).

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
But most visiting teams will be the draw rather than our results?

There's possibly seven 'glamour' matches that could draw those types, once you get past those its clubs like West Brom, Stoke, Hull, Watford which are not games that neutrals are going to be clamouring to see.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
There's possibly seven 'glamour' matches that could draw those types, once you get past those its clubs like West Brom, Stoke, Hull, Watford which are not games that neutrals are going to be clamouring to see.

Have a feeling this will be locked up with the "we won't sell 20k" predictions.

- 23k ST holders won't change, even if we finished 17th with a tonne of losses.
- The PL has bumper away attendances so we'd see more consistent numbers, particularly in first season where even Stoke would sell their allocation for a new day out.
- That leaves c5000 for match day tickets, throw in a tonne of albion fans who pick and choose games as they can't commit to a ST, tourists and 'PL fans'.

I'd wager that no game will be under 29k, and most will be over 30k.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
100 - 150 new upper tier Southeast corner.

Madafwo

I'm probably being facetious.
Nov 11, 2013
I hear there is to be a new development at Toads Hole Valley, maybe a brand new stadium?

No, too soo?

There is surely some scope as already mentioned in the SE corner. The East Stand Upper could surely wrap around the corners too.

But ultimately we need a proper, fully functional season ticket exchange. The 5-10% of STH's who don't show each game would supply the demand for all but the glamour ties.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
The only way to get more fans in the Amex, is smaller fans.

As from June 30th, no fan who weighs more than 12 stone will be allowed a season ticket, anyone with a BMA over 30, is definitely banned, and if your arse is wider than14 inches you will have to sit on someones lap

Not seen anyone ask this before so just curious, if we regularly max out capacity is there any opportunity for further increasing the Amex capacity or is that it? It would be a bit weird if the team manage to become a PL team playing virtual capacity each week with no chance to expand - dont fancy another 10 years of battling the council ???

Tell us more about "battling the council". Is that Brighton & Hove City Council, who turned up every day throughout the Public Inquiries to support the stadium development that has transformed the fortunes of the Albion and the economy of the city?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here