Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Amex capacity increase - if so where?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Richard Hebberd once told me that the footings are sufficient for another tier all around the ground if needed but it would be a very expensive job and there would obviously have to be the demand to warrant the expenditure. I would expect the planning permission to be a formality

The interlinked giant steel arches holding the roofs, anchored into 1000's tonnes of concrete underground, would all have to be demolished, for any of the stands to be raised.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
No, it's just boring going over the same old stuff.

Always welcome on the Brexit thread,much of the same,but we have point scoring and name calling so it's good for stress relief.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The interlinked giant steel arches holding the roofs, anchored into 1000's tonnes of concrete underground, would all have to be demolished, for any of the stands to be raised.

That is probably why he said it was possible but would be very expensive. He suggested the attendnace could be increased by about 50% I dont know as I know nothing about it and just repeating what he told me on one occassion.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Why does it matter how long you are on a forum for!!!!

86 posts in 11 years!!!

Troll maybe said tongue in cheek but you can't argue that this subject hasn't been done to death.

It doesn't matter how long you are on the forum for, I agree.
Many posters have more than one account or close an account and open another.

But it's not really trolling asking about capacity increase, at least it's a thread about the Albion.
You say done to death, plenty of replies so that argument doesn't really stand up.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
The only way to get more fans in the Amex, is smaller fans.

As from June 30th, no fan who weighs more than 12 stone will be allowed a season ticket, anyone with a BMA over 30, is definitely banned, and if your arse is wider than14 inches you will have to sit on someones lap

That's me ****ed.

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
TB was as clear as he could be at the Bristol FF last November that there will be no material increase in capacity. His reasoning is that the extra capacity would be wasted if (when) we get relegated from Prem.

He did say there might be some minor increases that would add at most a few hundred seats.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
That is probably why he said it was possible but would be very expensive. He suggested the attendnace could be increased by about 50% I dont know as I know nothing about it and just repeating what he told me on one occassion.

The increase in capacity has already happened.
Originally 22,000 now 30,750

SUIYHP

The King's Gull
Apr 16, 2009
Inside Southwick Tunnel
Think our stadium is a sufficient size for what it is. In the end, unless we dominate the universe and everything in between, we're mostly going to retain our support in Brighton, city with a modest population, we might have a larger fan base depending on our successes, but at the moment our present stadium capacity is plenty, not only that, it's a marvellous and relatively new stadium that was designed in a very specific way. I worry that any attempt to increase capacity would be very costly for little payoff.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here