Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Amex capacity increase - if so where?

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Could we not put a tier on one of those underused hills around the ground?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Fill the ground for hopefully at least a couple or more years in the PL, even against the less fashionable clubs and as the waiting list grows, then i'm certain by some miracle there will be various options available without taking the entire roof off.

Right now it's a taboo subject, the club (TB,PB) simply don't want to talk about it, as it is not on the agenda. We have a text book sized list of higher priorities.

But huge cost of any expansion scheme, would have to be met by new owners or shareholders.

The club have already told us that PL money will be partly used to start repaying TB's loan. So next time, there will have to be a new sugardaddy to finance infrastructure,

The rest of the PL money will go on transfer fees, player wages and agents!

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
But huge cost of any expansion scheme, would have to be met by new owners or shareholders.

The club have already told us that PL money will be partly used to start repaying TB's loan. So next time, there will have to be a new sugardaddy to finance infrastructure,

The rest of the PL money will go on transfer fees, player wages and agents!

Oh go on then, you've convinced me, I'll chuck in a couple of quid.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
This could work, although we would need a new home for the press room used for live TV games.

Although it's clearly a long shot, I wonder how many seats a 2nd tier to the north or an expanded north lower tier could add?

The arches and roof would have to be demolished for that. The space and angle under the current NS roof couldn't accomodate a NS expansion.

Shame. A Kop holding double the number of more of the more vociferous fans could generate some atmosphere.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
The arches and roof would have to be demolished for that. The space and angle under the current NS roof couldn't accomodate a NS expansion.

Shame. A Kop holding double the number of more of the more vociferous fans could generate some atmosphere.

Just think how many different songs we could have going at any one time!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I probably shouldn't bring this idea to the attention of Barber-out.

***CONCOURSE TICKETS***

Edmonton Oilers’ controversial concourse playoff tickets

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/pass-f...sial-concourse-playoff-tickets-142514697.html

The Edmonton Oilers played their first playoff game in over 10 years on Wednesday night, losing in overtime to the San Jose Sharks in Game 1 of their Pacific Division semifinal.

It’s been a while since they tasted the sweet nectar of playoff revenue, and clearly the Oilers wanted to chug it while they can. So after selling every seat in the arena, Edmonton decided to try something rather novel and totally craven:

Selling $80 “concourse passes” to fans, so they can enter the arena and stand for three hours and buy overpriced concessions and watch the games on giant televisions while hearing the ambient sound of the game.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I probably shouldn't bring this idea to the attention of Barber-out.

***CONCOURSE TICKETS***

Edmonton Oilers’ controversial concourse playoff tickets

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/pass-f...sial-concourse-playoff-tickets-142514697.html

The Edmonton Oilers played their first playoff game in over 10 years on Wednesday night, losing in overtime to the San Jose Sharks in Game 1 of their Pacific Division semifinal.

It’s been a while since they tasted the sweet nectar of playoff revenue, and clearly the Oilers wanted to chug it while they can. So after selling every seat in the arena, Edmonton decided to try something rather novel and totally craven:

Selling $80 “concourse passes” to fans, so they can enter the arena and stand for three hours and buy overpriced concessions and watch the games on giant televisions while hearing the ambient sound of the game.

You can bet your bottom $ that despotic Barber has plans for something similar next season. Any chance to rob the hard up fan base. Barber out.

Gully Forever

May 9, 2011
I'm sure there must be people on here that realise we have actually SOLD OUT every season ticket for months now, and the reason we are not actually getting 30,750, is because the opposition don't actually have enough away support. There are actually more then 30,750 Albion fans who want to see the game every week even BEFORE we reached premier league.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here