Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Summer outs

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I'm ok with people suggesting possible premier league signings but very uncomfortable with discussing who people would like to be shown the door as it were. Just not required at this stage and just lacks class

Geoffbn2

Feb 2, 2014
A few things from my point of view.
I've never understood the wholesale changes some teams have made in the past after gaining promotion, a huge part of our performance is because they are a team and not just a bunch of well paid footballers who happen to play for the same team, give as many of them as we can a chance to prove themselves.
Why as a club would we saddle ourselves with lots of long contracts (didn't they do that in the 80"s) as new players will want 3 or 4 year deals and demand high wages.
Yes as a club we churn players over every year and this is done after the season finishes so lets wait for the retained list before saying who stays and who goes.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
We are not even promoted yet... let's get it done, let's enjoy and then and only then let CH make the necessary phone calls. Really is disappointing especially as we are totally dependent on one of the individuals named.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
A few things from my point of view.
I've never understood the wholesale changes some teams have made in the past after gaining promotion, a huge part of our performance is because they are a team and not just a bunch of well paid footballers who happen to play for the same team, give as many of them as we can a chance to prove themselves.
Why as a club would we saddle ourselves with lots of long contracts (didn't they do that in the 80"s) as new players will want 3 or 4 year deals and demand high wages.
Yes as a club we churn players over every year and this is done after the season finishes so lets wait for the retained list before saying who stays and who goes.

The retained list is only a small part of the story. Players mid-contract will still depart if the club determines it's for the best and another club matches the fee sought.

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
So it's in bad taste to start the out thread now but in a couple of weeks it'll be ok? Ridiculous,im not saying they haven't performed when called upon. We have a big squad not all can be taken further up the ladder. Everyone on the board knows it so wind your necks in a bit.

A few reasons why the timing of this is questionable and these do all assume that players look at this board.

- We may need some of these to step up in the last few games. Certainly Uwe; one week he is MOM on here, the next surplus..
- There is a lot of talk about the collective team spirit which means that all have played their part in the season so far and deserve to enjoy the success (if it happens)
- Linked to the point above, the players who we deem fit to stay may not be heavily impressed by us writing off their team-mates.

Plenty of time for speculation in the close season but no need at all for it now.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
This thread has no class its disgraceful and disrespectful to the current squad, for heavens sake the season hasn't finished yet :ban:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Why do this? Surely we can let the squad enjoy the hopeful promotion before discussing who to get rid of.

For what it's worth, I'd be very surprised to see BFG go now given his recent form and we need three keepers so I expect Maenpaa will be offered a new deal along with Stockdale and a third keeper signed (with Walton going out on loan again)

Quite demotivating for a player to read this sort of thread before we are even promoted imo. I have no doubts at all that some do.

Unnecessary thread given we need six points to guarantee promotion. Plenty of time for this sort of thing in the summer.

I love this squad and we will do well to get the same sort of spirit next season, whether we go up or not.

Let's rejoice in what the squad have done and leave all talk of player contracts until the party ( we hope) is over. Enjoy it, it is unlikely to get any better.

luppers

Aug 10, 2008
Didim, Turkey
I'm ok with people suggesting possible premier league signings but very uncomfortable with discussing who people would like to be shown the door as it were. Just not required at this stage and just lacks class
Agree with the above but remember we have won the last three matches and they haven't had anybody they can make a scapegoat for making a mistake so this is the nearest they can get!

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Who do we think the club will be looking to offload?
O'grady
Kll
BFG
Forren
Maanpaa
Hopefully not Stephens and stocky
Possibly a couple of others?

O'Grady - out of contract, gone.
KLL - Maybe to go.
BFG - Stay for sure, no indication Goldson will be fit for start of season yet.
Forren - out of contract, gone.
Maenpaa - out of contract, uncertain.

Returning loanees, gone unless we try to sign :

Tomori
Akpom
Pocognoli

Out of contracts, uncertain :

Stockdale
Stephens
Sidwell
Bong
Ankers

Under contract, time to go :

Elvis
Ince

Everyone else to stay for now.

Last edited:

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Why do this? Surely we can let the squad enjoy the hopeful promotion before discussing who to get rid of.

For what it's worth, I'd be very surprised to see BFG go now given his recent form and we need three keepers so I expect Maenpaa will be offered a new deal along with Stockdale and a third keeper signed (with Walton going out on loan again)
Exactly. Too many getting ahead of themselves-we aren't even officially there yet ffs!

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Invariably at this stage of the season there is speculation on here as to who we will sign and who we will release, why should now be any different?
Because there is still a job to be done? Let's hope none of the squad come on here. Utterly disrepectful at this stage of a season where we don't know where we will be playing.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

scousefan

Apr 26, 2009
Liverpool
I agree this is premature. However I would be positive about Sidwell IF he wishes to stay and I really believe we should keep Hunemeier - again if he wants to stay. It's not the time yet to discuss who should go.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
I am totally bemused why anybody would want to be discussing who we want to kick out of the club when there are still games to be played this year. Many of those mentioned have played a valuable and integral part in getting us to where we are now.

Why don't we let our squad enjoy the moment? Why not let us fans enjoy the moment?

We have the entire summer to discuss this kind of crap.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Wouldn't be surprised to see Skalak and Murphy sold to good championship teams. Sidwell could well go too. I don't think we'll buy another centre half, but probably a right-back. We'll definitely buy one, probably two, strikers
I think he WILL buy another centre-back, and at least one full-back. And we definitely need at least one striker, maybe we'll pick up two.

Overall, my guess is that he will throw money at 3 or 4 key positions and then strengthen where he can, using a pragmatic, moneyball approach.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Well, yes I suppose it was c*******ss to raise a thread with five games still to play about who should be ditched at the end of the season, after giving their all for the cause. I think my reply was more succinct than yours, though.

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
It really really really pisses me off to see people suggesting players like Hemed, Baldock & Murphy should be replaced.

I think every single player in this squad should be given a chance next season, Sidwell included.

In reality i suspect Lua Lua, Adekunge and O' Grady will depart and possibly Sidwell retire. If we strengthen in their positions and add a decent option Akpoms place then that'll do for me. Wholesale changes or 7 or 8 new signings is not what we need.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here