Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Summer outs

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think it is just a case of people expressing a view of whom they think may not make the step up rather than just casting them aside. Some may surprise most and make the step up.

albionfan37

Aug 14, 2014
What’s it called? Cumbernauld
So it's in bad taste to start the out thread now but in a couple of weeks it'll be ok? Ridiculous,im not saying they haven't performed when called upon. We have a big squad not all can be taken further up the ladder. Everyone on the board knows it so wind your necks in a bit.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
So it's in bad taste to start the out thread now but in a couple of weeks it'll be ok? Ridiculous,im not saying they haven't performed when called upon. We have a big squad not all can be taken further up the ladder. Everyone on the board knows it so wind your necks in a bit.

It's your timing that is poor. We don't even know which league we will be playing in yet. Not with any certainty. Just poor timing.

albionfan37

Aug 14, 2014
It's your timing that is poor. We don't even know which league we will be playing in yet. Not with any certainty. Just poor timing.

We are up!! there's no real debating that anymore mate? only the real pessimists amongst us. It might well be a bit callous to discard players that we've cheered at some point over the past couple of seasons. Thats the nature of the beast ain't it

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
We are up!! there's no real debating that anymore mate? only the real pessimists amongst us. It might well be a bit callous to discard players that we've cheered at some point over the past couple of seasons. Thats the nature of the beast ain't it

But the point is we still need seven points to be certain. These players you are talking about getting rid of in the summer (especially BFG) will be needed to get those points. It is very poor timing. We are not up yet. It is not being pessimistic. It is a fact. We still need to get those points.

albionfan37

Aug 14, 2014
But the point is we still need seven points to be certain. These players you are talking about getting rid of in the summer (especially BFG) will be needed to get those points. It is very poor timing. We are not up yet. It is not being pessimistic. It is a fact. We still need to get those points.

Even if we lost the next five I'd be surprised if we are overhauled in our current position of auto promotion

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Every player who has played a part this season is welcome to stay and where forced to, to make a 25 man squad, they can go out on loan. If we have any injuries next season it is easier to call players back than it is to go into the market for a replacement who may only see the bench anyway. It's down to the players to develop their game, here and on loan, and to still fight for a place in the 25.

I think we and the players should all just enjoy the promotion and any talking about "offloading" rather than doing business souinds like slapping the very faces of the players who have helped to get us promoted. Not really sure why Uwe is on the list :mad:

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Every player who has played a part this season is welcome to stay and where forced to, to make a 25 man squad, they can go out on loan. If we have any injuries next season it is easier to call players back than it is to go into the market for a replacement who may only see the bench anyway. It's down to the players to develop their game, here and on loan, and to still fight for a place in the 25.

I think we and the players should all just enjoy the promotion and any talking about "offloading" rather than doing business souinds like slapping the very faces of the players who have helped to get us promoted. Not really sure why Uwe is on the list :mad:

This is exactly my point (but put much better)

Re BFG, he may have been on the list a month or so ago but can't believe we'd let him go now. He's been brilliant recently

albionfan37

Aug 14, 2014

He's only on the list as he's 4th choice regardless of his current form he's 4th for a reason

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Fair enough maybe we can reopen the thread mid July and see where we are

I think futures will be confirmed before then. It may even be before the end of the season if we go up over the next couple of weeks so there won't be much time to debate it (except whether we agree or disagree with the decisions). I just think it is best to leave it until we're up and the title is decided.

albionfan37

Aug 14, 2014
I think futures will be confirmed before then. It may even be before the end of the season if we go up over the next couple of weeks so there won't be much time to debate it (except whether we agree or disagree with the decisions). I just think it is best to leave it until we're up and the title is decided.

But then I can't say I told you so hehe

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
This is exactly my point (but put much better)

Re BFG, he may have been on the list a month or so ago but can't believe we'd let him go now. He's been brilliant recently

Yep, he's been a hero since his return, and we need at least 4 CB's over the season. We've used 6 so far if we include Bruno and Tomori. If Goldson has a slow retutrn we may even need to keep Foren if he has proved himself on the training ground.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here