Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Good to see Middlesbrough preparing for life back in the Championship

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
They can always bring out BBC newsreader Steph McGovern, Nationwide advert actor Mark Renton and the old Ballykissangel bloke for a rendition of ''OOPP TA BOOORRROOO''

watching MOTD I see the empty seats have started already. Gibson aside, a bunch of twats.

Think you mean Mark Benton rather Ewan McGregor's character in Trainspotting.

He lives in Hastings.

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
I'd be happy to never go back to that ****ing dump and to have to mix with those ****ing neanderthals.

Razzoo

Sep 11, 2011
N. Yorkshire
I know a few Boro fans and they are thoroughly decent people. Some of their fans are obnoxious and moronic but haven't all clubs got them?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Agreed. An absolutely ****ish club from top to bottom.

Bozza, you are not nornally so 'succinct' in your language. Did you form that opinion on them solely after the visit there last year?

I didn't like that club anyway. A spolit kid cockiness about Gibson, cheating FFP in their promotion year, Karanka, Clayton, and their luck last year (homer ref on DS decision).

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Yeah I was wondering that too. Theres a lot of similarities between Tony Bloom and Steve Gibson. Gibson however has 30+ years of being one the most generous, patient chairmen around. Hard to imagine Middlebrough enjoying anywhere near the success they have had without him. I'm far removed from the situation over there but the Middlebrough fans I know are very humble fans.

Calculated FFP cheat in 2015/16, in the same way that we despise Bournemouth and QPR for doing it. Buys them players they shouldn't be able to afford, to get to the prize, robbing another club. The Albion abide by the rules determined by 72 clubs.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Bozza, you are not nornally so 'succinct' in your language. Did you form that opinion on them solely after the visit there last year?

I didn't like that club anyway. A spolit kid cockiness about Gibson, cheating FFP in their promotion year, Karanka, Clayton, and their luck last year (homer ref on DS decision).

How did they cheat FFP?

LowKarate

Jan 6, 2004
Wombling free
I know a few Boro fans and they are thoroughly decent people. Some of their fans are obnoxious and moronic but haven't all clubs got them?

Agree with this. I met some very nice Boro fans in town that day and for those people I am sympathetic.

At the other end of the spectrum, the large numbers of their fans who 'celebrated' on the pitch and either side of us by doing their utmost to wind up our fans, now thoroughly deserve their own disappointment (and in response to their goading, almost to a man (or woman) we did not rise to it!).

Lets see what we can do next year. We have to build it right.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Great idea - they play for a team not good enough for the premier league so let's sign them to play for us in the premier league. Yet another priceless post.

Its the TEAM that is not good enough not individual players I suppose that you would turn down Jermaine Defoe for the same reason. or Jordan Pickford if Stockdale didnt sign a new contract.

origigull

Jun 29, 2009
Hopefully, there is a huge FFP punishment awaiting them next season (although I fully expect them to reject it in a 'see you in court' QPR style).
I did hear from an QRR employee that they have asked to pay their FFP fine in instalments over a certain number of decades, otherwise they will go bust. (Well . . . . in years)

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Its the TEAM that is not good enough not individual players I suppose that you would turn down Jermaine Defoe for the same reason. or Jordan Pickford if Stockdale didnt sign a new contract.

Difference is that Defoe is proven in the Premier League and Pickford has been Sunderland's other best player and looks a real prospect (for the record we won't sign even of them). Leadbitter has made 13 starts for Middlesbrough this season according to their website. Hardly a regular player for a team looking like comfortably going down. Not someone we want to sign. Clayton maybe but I'm not convinced he's that good either.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
The way their fans lashed out at some of our players when the game finished, I was amazed that they didn't lump one. I know the Brighton fans around me wanted to stay to praise the team for the efforts but were not given the opportunity. That and the goading **** fans outside. That drive home from Middlesbrough was the probably the most anger filled drive I have ever had. Not at our team but how unjust it was on them, I wanted them to succeed for them more then for my own selfish reasons. I really hope they do it this year.

Duck Middlesbrough, anchors! won't be sad to see the go down.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Difference is that Defoe is proven in the Premier League and Pickford has been Sunderland's other best player and looks a real prospect (for the record we won't sign even of them). Leadbitter has made 13 starts for Middlesbrough this season according to their website. Hardly a regular player for a team looking like comfortably going down. Not someone we want to sign. Clayton maybe but I'm not convinced he's that good either.

Could that be one of the managers mistakes not playing and preferring other less industrious players it depends on how CH sees it.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I really don't think Leadbitter is that good. If we signed him, then fair enough and I would support him but would be very surprised if he's a target.

It is all about opinions and mine is that he is a very good left sided midfielder, which most clubs struggle to find and if Stephens goes he could fill the void along with Kayal more central.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here