Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pitch Invasions at Northampton and Doncaster

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
barber has said that anyone caught by a steward will get a banning order so is it really worth not seeing us using the premier

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

What is publicly said by the club will be quite different to their actual expectations.

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
A pitch invasion for promotion is standard, but I cannot believe someone has emailed Paul Barber to ask about it. Can't believe he took the time to respond either. Honestly what response did anyone expect to get apart from the official line/FA regulations spiel?

I can only imagine when he saw that email come through he called over the nearest person and said 'is this a fekin wind up or what?'

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
My guess is that some sort of a pitch invasion is inevitable. It will be the preferred first option for a few thousand (about 10% of those inside The Amex) and good luck to them. It will not, however, be sanctioned by the club and they will not allow fans from WSU and ESU to join in the first wave.

Two scenarios that follow are:

1. The rest of the lower tiers (other than the 10% massively up for it) have stayed in their seats and then we all wait for the pitch to be cleared so the lap of honour etc can take place as planned. All OK.

2. Enough others in the lower bowl have joined in and made it impossible to clear the pitch. Not OK. Will an angry mob descend from WSU demanding entry at the NS and WSL gates...?

spoonie

Apr 19, 2011
couldn't agree more of course Barber is going to say its against the law etc etc ...everyone will pile on at the end then be back off again within 10minutes to welcome our hero's back on to the pitch again. Lets hope our dream comes true a week today

A pitch invasion for promotion is standard, but I cannot believe someone has emailed Paul Barber to ask about it. Can't believe he took the time to respond either. Honestly what response did anyone expect to get apart from the official line/FA regulations spiel?

I can only imagine when he saw that email come through he called over the nearest person and said 'is this a fekin wind up or what?'

Does Barber work alongside Mrs Brown ?

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Officially...the club HAS to tell us not to invade the pitch. Unofficially, I'm sure they won't give a stuff! QUOTE]

They really will give a stuff because:
a) for the reasons PB outlined it could harm the pitch with a title still to play for.
b) for players, being in the middle of a pitch invasion is not enjoyable - there's always someone trying to rip off bits of their kit and they get manhandled to a point that's not much fun in the end... hence, why they always leg it.
c) they're thinking about all the fans being able to enjoy the moment. Not just the ones able enough, and in a position, to run on to the pitch.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Officially...the club HAS to tell us not to invade the pitch. Unofficially, I'm sure they won't give a stuff! QUOTE]

a) for the reasons PB outlined it could harm the pitch with a title still to play for.
b) for players, being in the middle of a pitch invasion is not enjoyable - there's always someone trying to rip off bits of their kit and they get manhandled to a point that's not much fun in the end... hence, why they always leg it.
c) they're thinking about all the fans being able to enjoy the moment. Not just the ones able enough, and in a position, to run on to the pitch.

Generation snowflake

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
God knows how old you think I am, but I'm flattered that I might be young enough to be on the end of that tiresome cliche!

Killjoy stuff I know. But why should the joy of a minority of fans spoil the fun for the majority?

They (we) won't spoil any fun. The pitch will be cleared and the players come will come back out and do a lap of honour. If that really spoils the fun for the majority, then the majority are a bunch of knobs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

d) rules are rules.
e) health and safety ... one of the 15,000 invaders might sprain an ankle.
f) every other club might turn a blind eye, but we want to sanitise the key moment
g) some miseries have contacted the club saying it will spoil their enjoyment.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
If I was Barber I'd turn on the pitch watering system 30 seconds after the final whistle.

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
20 years since I was on the pitch digging up abit of the turf.

Would like to think I could go back on, if only briefly, to complete the story.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here