Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pitch Invasions at Northampton and Doncaster

Stumpy Tim

A pitch invasion in the Goldstone days were always inevitable, but where else could the fans go to celebrate the end of the season? Slightly different these days in my opinion, given the massive concourse with bars and Tv's

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Absolute joke if thats true

Not really. Obviously there are a lot of people that want to run on the pitch... say, 6000 as a fairly generous guess. That leaves 24000 who'd like the players to be able to celebrate properly in a way that would allow all fans to see them.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Yes. On the pitch on the pitch on the pitch. Long standing Albion tradition. Anyone who moans just hang around a bit and the players will come back out. We just just get them to appear in the Directors box, like we used to st the Goldstone.

If we win promotion at the Amex, there WILL be a pitch invasion, do all the moaners and fun police should just get involved in it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All of this.

Just wonder whether football banning orders will be issued to the 20000 on the pitch.

hopkins

Banned
Nov 6, 2003
Brighton
Wasn't that at least 20 years ago?:whistle: I've been on the pitch - back in the day. Any announcements of 'please don't run on the pitch' were half hearted, and there was little or no action taken even if people did run to the away end for a gloat (or worse). I think that today, unless its clear the club are OK with it - and that includes our players - then its a big no from me.

My point about those doing it looking silly very much applies to more recent times. If you have just won the semi final of the LDV trophy and are on you way to a wembley final to face Fleetwood or somesuch then, yes, a pich invasion, shirts off and flab on show seems about right. Tin pot antics for a tin pot success.

For us, for the future, a pitch invasion, especially a messy one with the team struggling off not to reappear till the ground is half empty, and hoards of JCLs off their tiny tits on alcopops and weed charging about and frightening the elderly would simply cement us in the minds of our soon to be premiership friends as terribly over-excited and horribly tin poy.

Anyway, we'll have to differ on this. All the best.

Love that bit :lolol::lolol::lolol:

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Not really. Obviously there are a lot of people that want to run on the pitch... say, 6000 as a fairly generous guess. That leaves 24000 who'd like the players to be able to celebrate properly in a way that would allow all fans to see them.
Agree that all fans need the option of enjoying an extended and special celebration with presentations of players etc to the adoring fans.

Option 1. Everyone stays in their seats and the players etc go on/round the pitch.

Option 2. Everyone is allowed onto the pitch and the players etc come out on the 1901 level.

Option 1 is obviously preferred by the club for several good reasons.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Officially...the club HAS to tell us not to invade the pitch. Unofficially, I'm sure they won't give a stuff! TB has been a fan since he was knee high; I'm sure he will understand.

For many this could be a once in a lifetime event. So let's all enjoy it. Wait until the final whistle goes then............. ON THE PITCH!!

Let's celebrate!! Let's party!!!

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
All of this.

Just wonder whether football banning orders will be issued to the 20000 on the pitch.

TBH I doubt TB will want banning orders issued. Barber....hmmmmmm.............different kettle of fish there.

But if I get banned sobeit. I will have seen the club I love reach the Premier League AND I will have walked on the Amex turf. Can't get any better than that.

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
Agree that all fans need the option of enjoying an extended and special celebration with presentations of players etc to the adoring fans.

Option 1. Everyone stays in their seats and the players etc go on/round the pitch.

Option 2. Everyone is allowed onto the pitch and the players etc come out on the 1901 level.

Option 1 is obviously preferred by the club for several good reasons.

I'm slightly torn. I prefer Option 1. I'd much prefer to see the players celebrate with each other and have the usual celebration with fans, doing a lap of honour etc, rather than in the distance on a balcony. I also think it detracts from the emotion and sense of achievement, seeing goons running round the pitch trying to lick Bruno's face.

However we could be in the crazy situation where we have 2 home games to celebrate. Maybe we can agree a mutually agreeable Option for each of the remaining home games.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I'm DOING a pitch invasion ON Thursday and anyone WHO does it after is a sheep.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
After all the trials we have been through. All the fight,all the disappointment. Years in home ground wilderness. The near annihilation of BHA , seeing our home ground turned into a ****ing Toys R Us. After all the rallying OTHER clubs did for us. After all that, do we REALLY want to be known as the club that got promoted to PL and just sat politely applauding before for fear of being finger wagged by a 60 year old steward? Get to ****. Pitch.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
After all the trials we have been through. All the fight,all the disappointment. Years in home ground wilderness. The near annihilation of BHA , seeing our home ground turned into a ****ing Toys R Us. After all the rallying OTHER clubs did for us. After all that, do we REALLY want to be known as the club that got promoted to PL and just sat politely applauding before for fear of being finger wagged by a 60 year old steward? Get to ****. Pitch.

This. WTF is wrong with some of our fans. Get promoted = on the pitch. Always has been this way, always will. I do not even know why clubs bother to try and stop the fans, just say wait for the final whistle and let us get on with it.

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
Dont count on it - PB's email states the doors will be closed to stop people congregating in the lower tiers and becoming crowded.

Sure, I get what he's said but he's hardly going to say - come one come all - is he? Expect things to be a little more relaxed on the day.

His email also implies that doors don't stay open after games normally, when they do, so you can go and join others for post match drinks etc after the game.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I think we have to bear in mind that we could possibly relegate Wigan so we should show respect to them because we have been there before.

What?

We aren't celebrating on the lifeboats sailing away from The Titanic, we are gettinig promoted. Balls to Wigan.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
This. WTF is wrong with some of our fans. Get promoted = on the pitch. Always has been this way, always will. I do not even know why clubs bother to try and stop the fans, just say wait for the final whistle and let us get on with it.

Because legally, they HAVE to 'try'.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here