cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
tevez

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Whoever is brought in, lets hope the deals are done early rather than only having the team in place at the end of August,

VMT

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
Can't see us doing our business any different to how we operate now. I would imagine ordinary players suddenly become 20 ml and before very long the tight knit squad ,so important to who we are has been lost .

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Having been through these pages, most people's expectations seem pretty modest - mostly champ players or young loanees.
I reckon there's a good chance bloom will push the boat out more than this and we will be pleasantly surprised

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Having been through these pages, most people's expectations seem pretty modest - mostly champ players or young loanees.
I reckon there's a good chance bloom will push the boat out more than this and we will be pleasantly surprised
Championship players and young English loanees IS pushing the boat out.

I'd hate to think how much fantasy money NSC has spent here, on players 10-20 point worse off than the team we already have,

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Haven't got a clue on names, as there are so many sources of players - PL loanees, the continent, raiding newly relegated PL clubs, Championship stars this season.

But including taking away the stress we all suffer when for example a Baldock, our fallbacks, GM, AK or DS is injured, I think we need:

Proven top flight striker with pace
Quality target man
Right back
Defensive CM or two
Creator CM or two
Right winger
Left winger
A CB if Goldson's recovery is going to be a long one

These may well include loanees. Would be glad to see Tomori back.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Rumours of Stockdale going to sit on the bench at Chelsea on silly money.
Stevens to Burnley still seems most likely.
That's potentially two to replace before we begin strengthening.
Add the squad players unlikely to be retained and add to that the perceived wisdom that starting 2 in midfield would be suicidal in the Premier League which means you need to factor-in a change in playing style.

Many of the outstanding players in the Championship this year have been EPL loanees with early decisions/deals hard to reach.
My money is on predominantly unknown overseas imports.

Last edited:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Rumours of Stockdale going to sit on the bench at Chelsea on exprb5money.
Stevens to Burnley still seems most likely.
That's potentially two to replace before we begin strengthening.
Add the squad players unlikely to be retained and add to that the perceived wisdom that starting 2 in midfield would be suicidal in the Premier League which means you need to factor-in a change in playing style.

Many of the outstanding players in the Championship this year have been EPL loanees with early xecisions hard to reach.
My money is on predominantly unknown overseas imports.

Stephens - quite a few on nsc say he's off to Burnley. I don't understand why he would want to go that rundown part of the world, with small crowds, if we more than match the signing-on fee they'd pay.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Whoever is brought in, lets hope the deals are done early rather than only having the team in place at the end of August,

Totally agree, and gives the coaches a full pre season with them all. We have a massive advantage in being able to get the ball rolling now (even if contracts aren't officially signed until 1st July). Other PL and Championship clubs won't know which division they are playing in for ages in comparison.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Would be happy to see Chris Wood in the stripes. His best days are ahead of him.
Plus Robertson, the hull left back, if they went down.
Tom Davies on a season long loan would be nice, along with tomori.
I'd expect there'd be a full on marquee signing to trump any of the afore mentioned though.
As for the op's list , not sure how assombalonga snuck in!

I'm not so sure that there would be a marquee signing, Paul Barber had already intimated that the club wouldn't be breaking the bank, new signings wise, if we achieved promotion.

Personally rather than the likes of Tomori, Assombalonga, and Abraham, raw and promising though they may all be, for our first season in the Premier League, I'd like to see us looking so sign players with plenty of experience at that level, players who have been there seen it, done it, and been relatively successful.

I've a feeling though, that the number of new signings will be lower than many may suspect. and the great majority of our current squad will be given the chance to prove themselves at the higher level.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Personally I'd like poc, tomori, assombalonga, mooy, Abraham in if possible. obviously Stephens and stocky to sign long term
Anyone have any thoughts on who they want signed?
Can't be many one game at a time folk left now?
Asombalonga is always crocked so not worth the risk..

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
I'm not so sure that their would be a marquee signing, Paul Barber had already intimated that the club wouldn't be breaking the bank, new signings wise, if we achieved promotion.

Personally rather than the likes of Tomori, Assombalonga, and Abraham, raw and promising though they may all be, for our first season in the Premier League, I'd like to see us looking so sign players with plenty of experience at that level, players who have been there seen it, done it, and been relatively successful.
You mean the ones who want 50k+ a week minimum and are just going through the motions?
I'd rather young quality players who can improve and will be great assets:)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here