Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Summer signings

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
Out of our Price range in the the Premier League. I don't think so.

Any transfer window should be about adding players that will strengthen what is already in place. I highly rate Cairney but if Fulham don't go up, they will want a big sum of money in exchange for him. 12m, possibly more. Question shouldn't be "Can we afford him?", instead the questions asked instead should be "Does that deal offer value for money?" and "How does that affect the ability to bring other targets in?"

Way we've recruited in past with players such as Duffy, Knockaert, Ulloa would suggest that the club would be pragmatic in it's approach this summer.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Would be happy to see Chris Wood in the stripes. His best days are ahead of him.
Plus Robertson, the hull left back, if they went down.
Tom Davies on a season long loan would be nice, along with tomori.
I'd expect there'd be a full on marquee signing to trump any of the afore mentioned though.
As for the op's list , not sure how assombalonga snuck in!

Wood is a great call, then Defoe?

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patreon
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Defoe, Gallagher, Mooy and Cairney, Tomori, Seb and

No chance of Defoe, none

He is going to be wanted by 80 percent of the PL teams.

The teams going down normally have 1 or 2 decent players to pick up to improve a squad with PL experience.

Whoever said Izzy Brown, that's a good shout as is Robertson - he's class.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Michael Owen?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
Chris Wood seems to do really well for a club, or bomb. Doing really well for Leeds, as he did Millwall, but scored 0 in 8 for Ipswich and not been prolific for some of his other clubs.

Would love to see Defoe here, but may be out of our price range.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
I'd like to see certain types of players bought in, rather than naming specific players. I'd like a pacey striker to give us options instead of Baldock when he's out injured. I'd also like a number 10 type player to give us the option to create a little more between the lines and to give us the options we'd have had if Pritchard had been signed. I'd also like someone who can sit in front of the defence and give us an option to go with a proper 3 in midfield, freeing up Kayal and Stephens, on occasion. I'd like an alternative to Bong, if we can't sign up Pocognoli as well.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Wood, Abraham, Tomori, Mooy, Byram, Loftus-Cheek

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here