Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Glenn Murray

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
I personally can't see a strike force of Baldock/Murray/hemed getting the goals needed between them.

Murray was poor for Palace and Bmuff in PL - but this team is set up to give him chances

Agree and agree but would still be very disappointed if we had to rely on Murray as our No1 Prem striker.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Agree and agree but would still be very disappointed if we had to rely on Murray as our No1 Prem striker.

The one that springs to mind is Ulloa.

I just mentioned on the Summer signings thread the teams that go down always have one or two to pick up that would improve the squad.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
I personally can't see a strike force of Baldock/Murray/hemed getting the goals needed between them.

Murray was poor for Palace and Bmuff in PL - but this team is set up to give him chances

Need two top quality strikers as additions, not makeshifts but enhancements. Then the five can have a go. Wood and Defoe fro me

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Club's greatest error. I know Gus's name is mud around here and it's pointless expecting him to get a fair hearing but for the record Gus said it was the board who wouldn't agree the wages to keep him (specifically transferring the money from transfers to wages budget)

Ha ha, yes he said that but then the board sanctioned our record signing on record wages. Gus wouldn't be one to bend the truth to cover his own arse would he!?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Ha ha, yes he said that but then the board sanctioned our record signing on record wages. Gus wouldn't be one to bend the truth to cover his own arse would he!?

Where was it said he was on record wages? He turned down higher wages at Leicester to play for us.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I remember during our promotion from league one under Gus when he dropped Murray for our away game at Bourhemouth who were our rivals that year for promotion. Gus had problems with him.

When we signed CMS to replace him most fans were pretty happy. No one could have guessed he would bang in 30 in his second season at Palace. I'm not doubting GM one iota but just saying how much shit some of you lot are spouting about it all know.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I remember during our promotion from league one under Gus when he dropped Murray for our away game at Bourhemouth who were our rivals that year for promotion. Gus had problems with him.

When we signed CMS to replace him most fans were pretty happy. No one could have guessed he would bang in 30 in his second season at Palace. I'm not doubting GM one iota but just saying how much shit some of you lot are spouting about it all know.

There were plenty of people at the time that were desperate for us to keep hold of Murray at any cost. It didn't take a trained eye to realise he was getting better and better. When you say 'most' fans, I also think this is an exaggeration. Most fans thought we'd paid a lot of money on a League One show pony, and that opinion turned into fact as it happened.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

I'm with you. The first season in the Championship CMS scored 11 goals, & Murray 6.

Murray benefited from playing under Holloway & improved his game. I don't think he would have developed as well, had he stayed with us, imo.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
There were plenty of people at the time that were desperate for us to keep hold of Murray at any cost. It didn't take a trained eye to realise he was getting better and better. When you say 'most' fans, I also think this is an exaggeration. Most fans thought we'd paid a lot of money on a League One show pony, and that opinion turned into fact as it happened.

Absolute bollocks, the near unanimous opinion was he was an excellent signing for the first year or so.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Rubbish. Loads of fans who were at Withdean week after week, loved Murray's football, and were gutted he left.

It wasn't a binary choice of Murray or CMS, that was a propaganda line trotted out by Poyet when under pressure on the issue much later.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Murray and Baldock are class, but Murray is no spring chicken. I hope the club will buy two proven strikers to augment them as our four this summer. I can't see Hemed scoring PL goals but he's been vital for us at this level.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Your on crack if you think Brighton will be signing Defoe.

Wood maybe
If they sign Wood for the fee Leeds will be asking and wages Wood will be demanding, they might as well sign Defoe.

Both stupid suggestions for similar, but completely stupid, reasons.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here