Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

When it happens... IF it happens...

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
...will be unbelievable and all a bit hard to take in.

But I can't help but feeling that when we look back - IF it happens - these will be the best memories - nights like this. It's like those last few days before Christmas as a kid; desperately wanting the BIG day to arrive but loving the anticipation and the build-up just as much, if not more.

We're on our way.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
But I can't help but feeling that when we look back - IF it happens - these will be the best memories - it's like those last few days before Christmas as a kid; desperately wanting the BIG day to arrive but loving the anticipation and the build-up just as much, if not more.
I'm sure many feel the same, but the stress is too much for me to fully enjoy it.

Results in the last 7 days have helped a lot though, we are pretty close.

sdmartin1

Sep 23, 2008
We could of been up years ago if Poyet had realised Murray was quite good at football.

No point dwelling on the past. We could have got promoted last year and been in the same position as Middlesbrough, all ifs and buts.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
We could of been up years ago if Poyet had realised Murray was quite good at football.

Ah but then we would never have got Sir Chris as our manager would we?...

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Every game now feels like the semi final in 83 at Highbury V Sheff Wed and every goal celebrated as wildly as the Jimmy case free kick
As others have said on here recently sometimes the journey is better than the destination
This is the greatest time since 1979 to be an Albion fan, enjoying every minute of it, last night on back row of upper tier was electric and will live long in the memory
When we were relagated in 83 I was a teenager never dreamt I'd be 48 and it would 2017 before we would reach top flight again
I'm sure I will shed a few tears when the whistle blows at the game that seals our promotion (IF )

Last edited:

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
I guarantee when/IF it happens I will spontaneously burst into tears, just like I did when Robbie Reinelt got the equaliser at Hereford. It's been a long tortuous journey since then and I am sure I won't be alone...

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
There's a teeny weeny part of me that doesn't want 'it' to happen at the AMEX.

I really don't want to be one of the red faced, blubbing, simpering, spineless adults, picked out by Sky TV for ridicule by the like of...

...me.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
And it would never have felt as good as this will (if it happens). The waiting and the disappointments will mean promotion will taste all the sweeter.

Agree with that, and it's built up a massive fan base as well along the way
The newer fans young and old will know what heartache means now(Middlesbrough away, Sheff wed semi final play offs Derby play offs Palace play offs) folllwing a football club
Instant success then maybe relegation could have seen a quick rise and fall, as you say disappointments along the way make success that much sweeter

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Ah but then we would never have got Sir Chris as our manager would we?...
Exactly. And although I hate it when people point to a single result, if we hadn't blown a 2 goal lead at QPR last season we'd have been promoted, maybe a season too early, and we'd now probably be slugging it out with Sunderland in the relegation places.

All the things that have happened have brought us to this point. And it is the desperate times we've been through since we were last in the top flight, times that none of us want to go through again, that are making these joyously happy days what they are.

deslynhamsmoustache1

Apr 25, 2010
RAF Tangmere
Every game now feels like the semi final in 83 at Highbury V Sheff Wed and every goal celebrated as wildly as the Jimmy case free kick
As others have said on here recently sometimes the journey is better than the destination
This is the greatest time since 1979 to be an Albion fan, enjoying every minute of it, last night on back row of upper tier was electric and will live long in the memory
When we were relagated in 83 I was a teenager never dreamt I'd be 48 and it would 2017 before we would reach top flight again
I'm sure I will shed a few tears when the whistle blows at the game that seals our promotion (IF )

This, I was 17 at the cup final and my Charlton loving late dad said to me, "son enjoy every minute,days like these may not ever happen again in your lifetime". Nah,i thought, we'll be back here with in 5 years, were bounce back as a force to the top division, hell, we might even be in Europe by the time I'm 30. Catlin, Lloyd and many many others have come and gone on a journey of nearly 34 years. Now its my turn to say those prophetic words to my son, "enjoy every moment".:clap2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here