Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If Newcastle falter tomorrow...

Bones

Oct 25, 2006
Portslade
My (young) daughter's teacher last year is a 'brough fan, and he was well annoying, rubbing the kids' noses in it. It looks like our positions will be reversed, and I'm after some tips on how to rub his nose in it (without getting daughter expelled).

I think my daughter needs to learn some sort of "**** you **** head, your going down, we're going up" kind of dance and ditty.
Same with my sons teacher. They all wore Albion she turned up in a Brough shirt. Doesn't go to Hangleton by any chance?

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Brok

😐
Dec 26, 2011
My (young) daughter's teacher last year is a 'brough fan, and he was well annoying, rubbing the kids' noses in it. It looks like our positions will be reversed, and I'm after some tips on how to rub his nose in it (without getting daughter expelled).

I think my daughter needs to learn some sort of "**** you **** head, your going down, we're going up" kind of dance and ditty.
Is this the daughter with the new signed Brighton shirt? If so, I think wearing that might do the trick.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting

How about " Sir, don't be down hearted, not only do you now live in a much better part of the country, but you have a premier league side just up the road in the Premier League"............

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
How about " Sir, don't be down hearted, not only do you now live in a much better part of the country, but you have a premier league side just up the road in the Premier League"............
The patronising route - nice.

I really want to go the **** route though. It's a religious school, maybe we can bring god into it... "Sir, perhaps god thought your team of cheats didn't deserve to be in the top division?"

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Is this the daughter with the new signed Brighton shirt? If so, I think wearing that might do the trick.
It is - only got it a week ago. I don't want her wearing it to school though.

"I guess with hindsight sir, I'm glad you cheated us last year. Look at all the fun we've had, while you've been the Premier League whipping boys."

or maybe just "Do you believe in karma sir?"

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
The patronising route - nice.

I really want to go the **** route though. It's a religious school, maybe we can bring god into it... "Sir, perhaps god thought your team of cheats didn't deserve to be in the top division?"

Ok, hmmm, how about "Jesus Christ Sir, it's only a game, not life or death like Ramirez made it out to be".............

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Same with my sons teacher. They all wore Albion she turned up in a Brough shirt. Doesn't go to Hangleton by any chance?
No. What annoys me is that before the final game I lectured her on being classy if we won. I said it would be upsetting for her teacher if we beat them and she wasn't to be annoying. Shame her teacher couldn't manage the same standards. He changed his screen saver to him and his kid celebrating in 'brough tops, and projected it on the class wall, and explained to the class why Stephens' red card was the correct decision. ****.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
No. What annoys me is that before the final game I lectured her on being classy if we won. I said it would be upsetting for her teacher if we beat them and she wasn't to be annoying. Shame her teacher couldn't manage the same standards. He changed his screen saver to him and his kid celebrating in 'brough tops, and projected it on the class wall, and explained to the class why Stephens' red card was the correct decision. ****.
What a ****.

crasher

Jul 8, 2003
Sussex
But isn't it the sky brigade who always say top four is all that matters in the premier league, I want the money for Tony and the glory for us all, just look at the trophy, the only proper trophy apart from the FA cup with names of all the greats of past and present inscribed on it. You know you want to see Bruno lift it!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Well I'd enjoy seeing Bruno lift it if that happened - of course. But for me it's the difference between achievement and awards. If we go up, we all know what an achievement that would be. We won't need medals or silverware to tell us that.

It's the same in the more humdrum world of work isn't it? If I've done something good and it works well, the satisfaction I get from that is much greater than say being shortlisted for an award for. it.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
Done a search of the net but i cant find it, is there a line graph showing or league position since the start of the season?
Know they have been for previous seasons.

E235FAD1-54D2-4138-A896-7FEBBF16594E.jpg

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
Well Im looking up now if we cannot dream of the title in this position whats the point. If we win the title we are promoted so job done if we come second promoted and job done. I dont want to accept second best thats bull I want the title

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Well Im looking up now if we cannot dream of the title in this position whats the point. If we win the title we are promoted so job done if we come second promoted and job done. I dont want to accept second best thats bull I want the title

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

This. Title now, major bit of silverware will top the last two seasons off nicely. Winning any league is hell of a prize.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Indeed. I'm still annoyed about it. They were a bunch on 9-year-olds FFS.

What an absolute tool. Imagine being the sort of bloke who gets a kick out of mocking children.

You could have your daughter ask him which Premier League team he supports now that Boro are back down.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach

It's always best to force them to have to explain it to you.

Get her to say something like "We look forward to playing you in the PL next year" where he'll be prompted to explain why that is unlikely to happen.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

Get her to say something like "We look forward to playing you in the PL next year" where he'll be prompted to explain why that is unlikely to happen.
Oh god yes, I'd forgotten about this cheeky method. :bowdown:

Brok

😐
Dec 26, 2011

Innocent, subtle and yet devastating. Brilliant.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here