Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Would you sleep in a double bed with your 13-year old opposite sex child?

Would you sleep in a double bed with your opposite sex 13-year old child

• Yes

Votes: 67 60.4%
  • No

Votes: 44 39.6%

• Total voters

marcos3263

Oct 29, 2009
Fishersgate and Proud
We rent out our spare room on Airbnb and have a lot of bookings where a mother and daughter have shared the same bed. Also two men or two ladies (who all said they were not gay). We advertise a cheap room where people can save money on a hotel etc. makes sense that some people want to save even more money by sharing. I havent had the same scenario as they have all been older but Im not sure I would be worried unless I got really odd vibes. I hope to go camping with my son as he gets older and hope that people dont look at me with a child and worry.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
It was the only room available, not that the father had deliberately looked for a double room. Also the hotel called the police, without asking the girl if the man she was with was a relative.
As the father said, there was nothing online to mention ID or a person's age.

I can understand the hotel being careful, but I feel they could have handled it better. It's worth noting that Travelodge have apologised to the father.

If I had been in that situation, I would probably have slept on top of the bed, with my son under the covers.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
I've three Daughters. Not too sure I would, but then again if it had to be.
Got to say well done though to the hotel. They would have been slaughtered if it was a pedo with a child and they knew. Maybe ID should be asked for when checking in.

marcos3263

Oct 29, 2009
Fishersgate and Proud
Also, you wouldnt be sleeping in the nuddy. Even if you do normally you would wear boxers and t-shirt and the daughter/son the same.What next, no beach holidays with kids in their costumes? no to swimming? No sunscreen??

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Our Daughter who is seven at the moment sleeps with us every night, and when mum has been away I think nothing of it she still wants a cuddle and my arm around her to begin with then she gradually turns into a starfish...

I think it depends on the bond between you and their own personal development, maturity etc.

If I did share a bed with my daughter in a hotel for cost reasons or there were no single beds available, then it is something you make them aware of when you check in and certainly not be upset if they ask or take action, I think that is due care.

Ultimately the answer is I do not know, there maybe a need to, but I would like to think I would not still be sharing a bed with a starfish by the time she is 13.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
If I was 13 and slept with my mum in the same bed I'd feel very uncomfortable especially for the start of puberty in boys. Without sounding too coarse, wet dreams at that age produce a lot of sperm and even with boxer shorts on the stuff used to get all over the bed covers. :blush:

If it was my daughter at 13 I'd sleep on the side facing a door or window but wouldn't feel comfortable at all.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I don't have kids, so apologies if I'm out of touch.....but in what kind of INSANE world would this be seen as a problem?

I find it MAD that people respond "no".

It's YOUR OWN CHILD. They are not asking "would you CHOOSE to stay in the same bed".Clearly it's a "if its the only logical option, would you?". In which case, if the answer is still no then I worry.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Funny how not a single person on this thread appears to have asked their kid - aged somewhere between 11 and 16 - what THEIR preference is? ???

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
Is an issue if you haven't married and your kid has her Mum's surname. You aren't likely to carry a birth certificate around with you, but authorities are alerted in situations like this. When we got back to Gatwick from last years holidays we got quizzed at passport control because me and the GF both had different surnames to my daughter. My daughter is 11, and going through puberty and I imagine she wouldn't feel comfortable having to share a bed with me, whereas 12 months ago, wouldn't have been an issue. As THPP said, probably the floor or sofa for me, but seems a bit OTT to me, a discreet question to the girl asking if it was her Dad or relative, and all this could have been avoided. Pretty awful for them both to have the police turn up I imagine.

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
If I was 13 and slept with my mum in the same bed I'd feel very uncomfortable especially for the start of puberty in boys. Without sounding too coarse, wet dreams at that age produce a lot of sperm and even with boxer shorts on the stuff used to get all over the bed covers. :blush:

If it was my daughter at 13 I'd sleep on the side facing a door or window but wouldn't feel comfortable at all.

and there was me thinking that every 13 year old boy did the same as me and went to bed with a completely empty tank.

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
Funny how not a single person on this thread appears to have asked their kid - aged somewhere between 11 and 16 - what THEIR preference is? ???

Yes, any 11-16 year olds on here, or have they all got better things to be doing with their time !! Oh, actually Brighton kids are still at school aren't they

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
I can only assume the 'no' voters don't have children?

I have a 17 year old daughter and it is a "no" from me. This is mainly because I know that she would have been uncomfortable with such a situation once she entered her teenage years.

Given that public bodies have an obligation to report suspicions of child abuse (I think that's right) the hotel can't really be blamed for checking up. I wouldn't blame the father either, as it was reasonable enough to make a booking on the basis of the hotel's availability. It seems everybody has tried to do the right thing here and ended up in the news as a result.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Yes, any 11-16 year olds on here, or have they all got better things to be doing with their time !! Oh, actually Brighton kids are still at school aren't they

I was referring to posters asking their kid's preference prior to making the hotel booking. Obviously. Dimwit. :dunce:

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
If I had a 13 year old daughter and had got to the hotel and they gave me a double bed because they had no other left then I would just say to my daughter

''Sorry luv, your on the floor, I'm having the bed''

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here