Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Local Radio and Seagulls Player Coverage

Miami Seagull

Grandad
Jul 12, 2003
Miami Florida, USA
I know its tempting fate..and apologies for doing so but does anyone know what will happen to our local radio coverage of live matches and of Player generally should the club go up? Jonny Cantor was asked on the radio on Tuesday night and wouldn't give an answer and its been bothering me since.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Unless things have changed with the FL it was always negotiated Club by club with the specific broadcaster. A couple of times over the years BBC SCR later Sussex faced competition from commercial broadcasters, but the Premiership is a different ball game, clearly both 5 live and Talk Sport have commentary deals, so how that will effective local coverage is obviously open to question.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
I know its tempting fate..and apologies for doing so but does anyone know what will happen to our local radio coverage of live matches and of Player generally should the club go up? Jonny Cantor was asked on the radio on Tuesday night and wouldn't give an answer and its been bothering me since.

A quick Google search came up with this on Tottenhams website,

"Live streamed commentary provided by the BBC will be available for all Premier League and most other first team matches. This does not include friendlies, however, these are often streamed live through Spurs TV. "

Presumably we will do the same.

Yoda

English & European
Unless things have changed with the FL it was always negotiated Club by club with the specific broadcaster. A couple of times over the years BBC SCR later Sussex faced competition from commercial broadcasters, but the Premiership is a different ball game, clearly both 5 live and Talk Sport have commentary deals, so how that will effective local coverage is obviously open to question.

You can say that again. It's not round to start with. :wink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here