Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach

Yes Chef

Apr 11, 2016
In the kitchen
I live in Chichester (moved here, grew up in Eastbourne) which is by and large full of Pompey or plastic fantastic supporters - the emergence of supposed Man City fans in the city in recent years bears witness to that, and I saw a Leicester shirt literally the day after they won the title.
So, theoretically, if we reach the 'promised' land, there is potential to exploit or galvanise people round this way, but I suspect it would be a specious, fair weather support that would filter away if/when the wheels start to come off.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
I'm reminded of this graphic.

http://www.whoateallthepies.tv/news...an-supported-their-nearest-football-club.html

fans-support-local-teams.png
Love that graphic. No surprise at all that we are as well supported as we are.

If we stay in the Premier League then over the next few years we can establish a fan base to rival all but the top 10 or so clubs in the country.

In 20 years' time there is no reason why Brighton shouldn't be one of the bigger clubs in Europe.

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
Here in Tunbridge Wells we've always had a fair few Albion, but of course it's always been a Chelsea town really - all those headhunters nicked in the 80s prove that point. Have to say there are quite a lot of Palace f*cktards as well these days, which obviously leaves a sour taste.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Yes, I think Bognor is certainly more Pompey and Littlehampton is more Albion.
Bognor and Littlehampton don't mix at all. People in Bognor would gravitate towards Chichester or a country pub if they were going out socially.
Bognor is also very Sparta Prague. :lol:

BlockDpete

Oct 8, 2005
I'm in Crawley and yes it is very much London teams.
I'm sure on Friday I would see QPR fan at Three Bridges station going to the game, or watching it in the Snooty Fox.

I do see Albion shirts around though. In fact, I see one kid at Tilgate Parkrun in his Vicente blue and white shirt.

mlg57

Oct 20, 2006
Milton Keynes
I've lived in MK and now Newport Pagnell. With MK being a new town we have supporters from everywhere but there is strong Albion support with the MK Seagulls who probably number around 50.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

deslynhamsmoustache1

Apr 25, 2010
RAF Tangmere
Grew up in Worthing moved over to this part of the world 20 years ago, Littlehampton was always seen as the dividing line between the Albion to the East and Pompey to the West. When i first moved everywhere around Chi was Portsmouth but its incredible how a massive shift has taken place over the last few years, not just by our rise and their fall but with the AITC coaching full on in local schools. Hearts and minds are being won

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Torbay and Exeter areas each have well over 100,000, as well as nearby towns. The foofball public there can't stand Plymouth. Why would people in east or north Devon have any interest in Plymouth, a long journey away when there are nearer league clubs,
plus the lure of the Bristol clubs up the M5?

Bearing this out, Plymouth have always had modest attendances.

deslynhamsmoustache1

Apr 25, 2010
RAF Tangmere
Not to many here in Yapton. Seen a few more shirts recently. Trying to convert some of my sons pals so watch this space.

Coming back from the training ground last Friday evening we stopped off at Yapton Chippy, big guy with Albion cap on, son in full training gear, Guy Whittingham's son (Alfie i think) in full Albion coaching gear was waxing lyrical about how great everything is compared to Pompey. It's happening fella and will become more and more obvious as the club continues to grow.

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
I'm right on the North Dorset / Wiltshire border and I would guess most people around here have migrated from other towns much like myself. Doesn't seem to be much football interest from the native locals but when the nearest clubs are 25 miles away in Bournemouth and Yeovil then that's hardly surprising.

However I am pleased to say that a North Stand season ticket holder moved in just around the corner from me a few years ago so I reckon we are a force to be reckoned with in these parts. Also I saw an Albion shirt wearer in the local Waitrose a few years back and when I challenged him he strangely pulled up his jacket collar to hide his shirt and just walked on

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Growing up in Horsham in 70/80's it was a predominantly Brighton town. Always remember a healthy following for Fulham in the town too. Same cant be said for Crawley tho where I went to school. That is just a mix of London supported clubs with little BHA support.

Horsham is still full of Brighton fans, 5 coaches a week now from the area to The Amex. Plenty of Chelsea, Arsenal and Spurs plus a few Palace too, as they try and escape South London, but not many.

We're gonna build a wall, and Crawley's going to pay for it.

AWAYDAY

Jul 21, 2009
I live in Chichester (moved here, grew up in Eastbourne) which is by and large full of Pompey or plastic fantastic supporters - the emergence of supposed Man City fans in the city in recent years bears witness to that, and I saw a Leicester shirt literally the day after they won the title.
So, theoretically, if we reach the 'promised' land, there is potential to exploit or galvanise people round this way, but I suspect it would be a specious, fair weather support that would filter away if/when the wheels start to come off.

I love the fact that as far afield as Chichester and Tunbridge wells there are die hard Albion fans. Are people from these areas or just moved out there from closer to Brighton?

I get that there's pockets around the country due to movement. I've lived in Sheffield, Manchester and New Zealand and I never forget the elation when you see an fellow Albion supporter so far from home, especially when we were in the lower leagues.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here