Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Questions View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The Brighton connurbation stretches to Littlehampton according to the Office for National statistics. It's about 474k.
    The boundary is Rottingdean/Saltdean to the east.
    My point is that the Albion would have no more or less fans in addresses either side of say Trafalgar Road/Southern Cross (Portslade/Southwick). It's all one urban area in reality.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      There are at least 5 Albion fans up here in Stratford-upon-Avon; myself and two couples originally from Sussex. I always seem to bump into them when taking the local train to Midlands' away days, and they're always in full Albion attire on match day. It confuses the local Villa, Brum and West Brom fans usually on the same train. I fully expect to see them on the local train up to Villa in 2 weeks' time, only this time there will be 6 of us in blue-and-white as my son will be joining me :-)
      Let right be done

2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Grombleton View Post
      In a kind of 'nowhere' area of Sussex (near Pulborough) where there's a bit of a mix, but sadly most of the kids are still following PL teams...a fair few Arsenal/Chelsea fans.

When I lived in Littlehampton, there were more and more Albion shirts/car stickers appearing the better we did, but still a few Pompey. Also a few Palace, but they needed to live somewhere cheap and run down so they lived in Wick
      Nowhere area near Pulborough ..... and I thought Pulborough was a nowhere area! ;-)

0 Not allowed!
      Arundel has an "increasing" Albion fanbase but a fair share of Pompey & Palace, oddly.
      The Disowned Masses

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by TheJasperCo View Post
      To be fair since moving to Devon last year, I've seen more rugby shirts than football fans standing out in public.

During the six nations, loads of pubs had flags and bunting outside, and were heaving with revellers. There isn't even that level of excitement for local derbies between Yeovil, Exetrer and Plymouth. Just my observations.

Be interesting to hear from overseas fans and levels of support for British football clubs as well.
      Talking of Devon - the weekend before last we did a gentle cycle ride from Barnstaple on the Tarka Trail via Fremington Quay to Instow and back. I was wearing my black away top and I Brighton fan jogging past was delighted to see another Albion fan in the area. We briefly discussed our promotion chances and went our separate ways. We are everywhere.
      Follow @kmoorman1968 on Twitter

Visit my Devon Gold Prospecting Blog

0 Not allowed!
      Living on the Surrey, Kent and London border I'm always surprised how many Albion fans change on the train at East Croydon for various other branch lines.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by AWAYDAY View Post
      No word on Crowborough area. BHA??
      Quote Originally Posted by crookie View Post
      Grew up in Crowborough, plenty of us from school used to come down to the Goldstone. Still see plenty at the bus stops when I'm driving down. Most don't support the Albion though, plenty of Palace, and the usual mix of the big Premier League club 'supporters' who never actually go to any games. Most have a passing interest/soft spot for BHA though
      Go along with @crookie here. Still a decent number of BHA in the town. Quite a few Palace but I'd say more BHA. Most folk tend to be armchair Spurs/Arsenal/Liverpool fans if the pubs are anything to go by on a Sunday afternoon. If you go down to the station on a Saturday morning you regularly see Millwall, QPR, Fulham, Brentford fans (only dribs and drabs) all heading to games.

We went over to Tunbridge Wells for the Wolves game and I was surprised how many Albion fans were in Cassidys watching the game. I'd say ~20.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Just over the Surrey/Sussex border nr Gatwick...............surround ed by Palace and Chelsea!!!!!
      Surrounded by <div>s Grombleton's Avatar

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Tim Over Whelmed View Post
      Nowhere area near Pulborough ..... and I thought Pulborough was a nowhere area! ;-)
      You're not wrong!

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Grombleton View Post
      You're not wrong!
      How's it all going, I must pass your "nowhere" area as I travel from Arundel to the metropolis that is Billingshurst!