Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Paul Whelch RIP

The Rattler

NSC Patron
Jun 30, 2010
Dullsville, Herts
Sad news. Enjoyed Paul's company at Seagulls Over London meets. Thanks for all you did for the fans Paul. RIP mate.

Al Bion

What's that in my dustbin
Sep 3, 2004
Up North
Such a shame when we're on the verge of one of our greatest achievements on the field. He of course played a massive part in our greatest achievement off the field. Without the likes of Paul we wouldn't have a club to support today. RIP Paul.

Henfield One

Aug 5, 2003
Paul fought for the Club, fought for Withdean, fought for Falmer and fought his final battle for 3+ months. When saw him in the PRH in Haywards Heath, we discussed the Albion and he was assiduously following the results. It's so deeply unfair that Paul won't see the Albion in the Premiership.

Paul singlehandedly organised the infamous march from Victoria to Hyde Park Corner during the War Years - liaising with the Met. Police and securing the entire closure of Park Lane (northbound) - the first ever football protest march in the heart of London.

Paul singlehandedly organised various Early Day Motions in Parliament, liaising with various leading MPs.

Paul singlehandedly liaised with the FA and David Davies.

Paul singlehandedly organised the litter patrols around Withdean for 12 years - and was always seen with a litter picker after matches.

He deserved to see Albion play with the elite, his work was largely in the background - but make no mistake without his efforts the Albion would NOT be at Falmer now. That is no exaggeration, when you consider what he did.

I will miss him, my thoughts are with Erica - the Albion has lost a hero, Erica has lost a loving partner.

Life sucks sometimes :( it's so unfair.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
If, no WHEN we go up I will take a moment to reflect to those that aren't here to see it. Paul, Sarah (+others) we made it!!! RIP

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Very sad news. Didn't know Paul like many on here, only by sight especially from away trips and then the protests. Moving tributes about his various important roles and contribution, RIP

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
A salutary reminder that our biggest victories have been won not on the pitch, but off it - by people unknown to most of us, motivated by nothing other than an unconditional love of this club and all it has been and all it could be.

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
Paul fought for the Club, fought for Withdean, fought for Falmer and fought his final battle for 3+ months. When saw him in the PRH in Haywards Heath, we discussed the Albion and he was assiduously following the results. It's so deeply unfair that Paul won't see the Albion in the Premiership.

Paul singlehandedly organised the infamous march from Victoria to Hyde Park Corner during the War Years - liaising with the Met. Police and securing the entire closure of Park Lane (northbound) - the first ever football protest march in the heart of London.

Paul singlehandedly organised various Early Day Motions in Parliament, liaising with various leading MPs.

Paul singlehandedly liaised with the FA and David Davies.

Paul singlehandedly organised the litter patrols around Withdean for 12 years - and was always seen with a litter picker after matches.

He deserved to see Albion play with the elite, his work was largely in the background - but make no mistake without his efforts the Albion would NOT be at Falmer now. That is no exaggeration, when you consider what he did.

I will miss him, my thoughts are with Erica - the Albion has lost a hero, Erica has lost a loving partner.

Life sucks sometimes :( it's so unfair.

i knew he did a lot of work - but I didn't realise he got through all that.

Astonishing effort.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I knew Paul very well when I lived in London. Less so when I moved away but we sat nearby at the AMEX. Very sad news. RIP Paul.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
One only has to read the posts on this thread to understand the esteem to which this person is held in....Condolences to those close to him

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I find it so sad that so many who gave their time and effort to the cause, have sadly diminished prior to the ultimate dream. They are forever in our hearts and thoughts, never forgotten.

History is only written by the victorious, therefore these great people will be remembered, for the battle was won. History will remember.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
I didn't know you but I knew of you and as others have said you are a legend. Thank you from the bottom of my heart and rest in peace.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Sad news. I knew the face but not the man. Remember him as always being in the background of the many protests diligently getting on with what needed to be done. Clearly one of the several that we should always be grateful to.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here