Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Getting Promoted Games You Attended

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
I remember the day after we beat Wednesday in '77 me and a few mates at school were considered really cool because we still had the Goldstone mud on our
shoes & trousers from the post match pitch invasion.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
My favourite promotion was from division 3 under Mullery. A good League cup run as well and the emergence of that Burton Albion kid.

1234andcounting

Mar 31, 2008
Rochdale H 72
MASSIVE H 77
Newcastle A 79
Plymouth H 01
Bristol City at the Millenium N 04
Dag & Red H 11

Missed Brizzle R due to an inability to read a calendar!

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Just Brizzle 04 and Daggers 11 for me.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Rochdale 72
MASSIVE 77
Newcastle 79
Bristol Rovers 88
Plymouth 01
No game in 02
Bristol City 04
Dagenham 11

Top stuff Enrest. Not sure anyone will top that.

Just...
Rochdale 72
MASSIVE 77
Newcastle 79
Bristol Rovers 88
No game in 02
Bristol City 04
for me.

Didn't gamble on Plymouth (had 3 small kids).
Dagenham 2011, was on hols in Jordan, followed it on a dial-up internet connection!

PG

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Bristol Rovers 1988
Bristol City 2004
Dagenham 2011

Wasn't at Plymouth, but was one of many huddled round a radio at Watford Gap service station, on the way back from Chester on the previous Tuesday, when the result came through that felt like confirmation.

el punal

Rochdale, May 1972. Sheffield Wednesday 1977. Bristol Rovers 1988. Bristol City 2004.

Now here's the good thing for the Albion and all the fans, I have missed the following clinchers because the "family" have booked a holiday or a some event on the special day :

Newcastle 1979, my daughter decided to be born a couple of days before the game. 2001 and 2002 there was a reason but can't remember exactly. 2011 - Dagenham & Redbridge and Walsall, had to visit our daughter abroad!!

Now, the final straw, we're booked to go abroad to visit said daughter again so I'll be missing the next FOUR crucial matches.

The bonus for the rest of you is you will now witness the Albion's historic moment and I won't. :tantrum:

wilko1

Feb 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Have I missed any from this list
Think seen everyone since 64/65

Darlington
Rochdale
Sheff Weds
Newcastle
Bristol Rovers
Plymouth
Bristol City
Dagenham

And going to Norwich

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Have I missed any from this list
Think seen everyone since 64/65

Darlington
Rochdale
Sheff Weds
Newcastle
Bristol Rovers
Plymouth
Bristol City
Dagenham

And going to Norwich

We have a winner!

Ultimate Super Fan, or Ultimate Glory Hunter? I'm guessing you went to a few games in between, so I'd go for the former.:clap::bowdown::clap:

PG

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Bristol Rovers
Bristol City (in Cardiff)
Walsall (edit: we were already promoted weren't we...still I did the pitch invasion)

I think that's it.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
Sheffield Wednesday 77 was an amazing game. The place was packed and the atmosphere spine tingling. I'm sure the North Stand was over crowded and really noisy. They went 0-2 up with Eric Potts scoring for Massive. We eventually won 3-2 with Ward getting at least one. Magical night and we later bought Potts!!

didn' realise we went 2-0 down

I remember taking a fence post with a piece of sheet nailed to it,with Brighton or whatever sprayed on it :lol:

imagine today,wouldn't even get out of the train station with that

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Wonder if anybody will say Watford..possible

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
didn' realise we went 2-0 down

I remember taking a fence post with a piece of sheet nailed to it,with Brighton or whatever sprayed on it :lol:

imagine today,wouldn't even get out of the train station with that

We didn't go 2-0 down, although we were trailing at the interval.

Ward missed a penalty but atoned not long after. Horton (pen) and Piper were the others. The MASSIVE were allowed a very late consolation.

Lincolnshire Seagull

Jul 9, 2009
Rochdale, May 1972. Sheffield Wednesday 1977. Bristol Rovers 1988. Bristol City 2004.

Now here's the good thing for the Albion and all the fans, I have missed the following clinchers because the "family" have booked a holiday or a some event on the special day :

Newcastle 1979, my daughter decided to be born a couple of days before the game. 2001 and 2002 there was a reason but can't remember exactly. 2011 - Dagenham & Redbridge and Walsall, had to visit our daughter abroad!!

Now, the final straw, we're booked to go abroad to visit said daughter again so I'll be missing the next FOUR crucial matches.

The bonus for the rest of you is you will now witness the Albion's historic moment and I won't. :tantrum:

Rochdale, Newcastle and Bristol City.

My daughter was due around the time of the Newcastle game, so I probably shouldn't have gone. But I did and it was good. And she arrived a couple of days later. My wife forgave me eventually.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here