Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

When did this story start ?

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
Everyone is going to have a slightly different perspective on when this, or their story with the Albion started.

But I think this chapter started last season, with the chapter before covering Chris appointment and the start of a new hope.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
20 years ago, euphoria but a rocky road since.

This mini chapter started, ironically, with the 14/15 Hyypia season.

Still many players from that season who were perhaps even more determined they should be challenging at the other end of the table. I remember at the start of last season an interview with Stephens or Stockdale where he said the whole squad met and set their targets and where they wanted to be challenging, after a wounding season.

Stockdale, Stephens, Kayal, Bruno, Baldock, Solly, Dunk etc... throw in GG, Bobby and Calde.

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Just dipping in it seems this has the making of one of those great threads. I'm going to bookmark this and look through the lot later on this evening when I've time to really enjoy it.

AK74

Bright-eyed. Bushy-tailed. GSOH.
NSC Patron
Jan 19, 2010
For me, it was the return to Brighton. Yes, Withdean was a poor excuse for a league venue. But at least it wasn't in frickin' Gillingham. Once we came 'home', it was game on.

And patience is a virtue.

Shatner's Bassoon

The Puff Pastry Hangman
Feb 12, 2012
Winning the first title under Micky Adams was big as well. Made me think we could do more than just tread water.

Merdalfthewizard

once more unto the breach
Dec 25, 2014
265 miles from home games
This is a tough question, before reading other peoples answers, I would have said when Dick took control without hesitation. Now I'm not so sure.
Winning the first title with Mickey Adams, as stated previously, meant we were better than just making up the numbers in the lower leagues. Tony Bloom taking over as chairman and appointing Gus, proved we had ambition. But I think with the signing of Kayal and Knockers, it showed we had a manager and scouting team that could attract the kind of players that could get us to the Premier League.
To be honest, as a supporter since I was five (1973) and seeing what happened with Archer etc, I've spent many years HOPING we'd be back in the top flight, but only the last few THINKING we'd be back UTA

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Russell Slade's appointment. Kept us up, when doomed, he bought several of the key players that starred under Poyet or were sold for big money. The odd blip or two since, but in main an upward trajectory in players and facilities since April 2009.

League two would have been a downer.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here