Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Would you take 2nd place, if offered it now (before tonight's games)?

Would you take 2nd place, if offered it now (before tonight's games)?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Citrus

Seagulls over Toronto
Jul 11, 2003
Toronto
No. I'm set to win £600 more if we're first rather than second. It'll almost pay for next year's season ticket.

I was actually wondering how much people will win if if ....
Can I hijack your thread?

$300 for the title (3/1). Quite fancy us right now!

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
NO NO NO. Too exciting to miss a chance for the top spot.

If all goes well at QPR and Norwich i'm taking the streamers to the Wigan game.
:albion2:

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
In it to win it.

No settling for second place for me. Third is unthinkable, surely.

We're on our way!

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Two Huddersfield wins and a defeat at QPR and I'll be back to restless nights again. It's alright for you youngsters but when it wakes you at 4.a.m. Every morning.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I voted no.

Each season of football I watch is a season of itself. It isn't just a means to an end for the following season.

We have a chance for a trophy here, a seriously big title to add to our rich history. Promotion is one thing, but winning the title, wow, no matter what happens in the future, relegations, promotions, we went up as Champions.

Not that I would be disappointed with 2nd, far from it, but I want a shot at the title now!

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
I'd bloody LOVE us to win the title. I've gone along with all the "promotion is all that matters - I don't mind if Newcastle win it" stuff all season, but when it comes to it, I don't mean a word of it. Winning it would be MASSIVE.

But I still voted yes - because a 'no' vote felt like a gamble with Tony's ultimate prize.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
I have a sizeable bet on us being Champions - but if I was offered second now I'd take it. This is a huge moment/opportunity for the Albion and no one remembers the league winners. If it happens, great - but automatic promotion trumps Champioship winners

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here