Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tom Cairney

Davemania

Jul 11, 2011
Uckfield
If we get promoted, there's one player I would like to sign. I have envious eyes for Tom Cairney. Fulham fans won't like it but if we are promoted he's the one that we should extricate from the Championship unless Fulham achieve promotion as well of course

Davemania

Jul 11, 2011
Uckfield
Revolutionary idea!

Yeah but as promotion becomes reality we can feasibly have a signing like that. He must be top of our wish list. I'm not sure there are too many strikers that we would want. Thanks for your input

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Yeah but as promotion becomes reality we can feasibly have a signing like that. He must be top of our wish list. I'm not sure there are too many strikers that we would want. Thanks for your input

meh I like him but it would cost a fortune, better for half the money could be got from abroad. Just need to to trust the scouting that to be fair has done a good job of late.

Davemania

Jul 11, 2011
Uckfield
I'd LOVE for him to sign here, but it's unlikely that Fulham would accept bids below £15m at the very least, and that's if they don't gain promotion!

True but I think realistically we can make at least one signing like that

Davemania

Jul 11, 2011
Uckfield
meh I like him but it would cost a fortune, better for half the money could be got from abroad. Just need to to trust the scouting that to be fair has done a good job of late.

Yeah good point, we may well find a gem from abroad for less money

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The new Vydra is well and truly ensconced into NSC.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
I like him good player but don't think there is much value for money there tbh. If we went up I expect us to make some shrewd signings rather than breaking the bank constantly. Wouldn't mind Tomori and Abrahams on loan from Chelsea personally.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
He'd be on everyone's wish list but sadly would set us back nigh on £20m. Ain't gonna happen.

Better value would be Hakim Ziyech from Ajax. Similar player ish.

Davemania

Jul 11, 2011
Uckfield
I like him good player but don't think there is much value for money there tbh. If we went up I expect us to make some shrewd signings rather than breaking the bank constantly. Wouldn't mind Tomori and Abrahams on loan from Chelsea personally.

Yeah I suppose there will a new reality if promoted of trying to balance exaggerated fees and wages against survival and sustainability. It's not something we're used to or certainly not on the scale it could become

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
The new Vydra is well and truly ensconced into NSC.

I don't rate Vydra at all.

On the other hand, Tom Cairney is good player but he can't even break into the Scotland team and they are hardly full of quality midfielders. Watch this space in terms of players who would be signed. I have no idea who any of them would be but I guarantee they will have played in a top division in a highly regarded league.

I remember when Spurs signed Berbatov. The only reason he was signed was because he had played in Germany in the top division. They would not have signed him straight from the Bulgarian League. Most clubs follow that agenda, although I do concede there are some gems to be had if you take a chance outside the top leagues.

SeagullofMalaysia

Jan 29, 2016
Somewhere in north Malaysia
He'd be on everyone's wish list but sadly would set us back nigh on £20m. Ain't gonna happen.

Better value would be Hakim Ziyech from Ajax. Similar player ish.

The Dutch league comes with its own stigma here in BHA

That said, I'd like him or Kasper Dolberg here if we get promoted. Maenpaa isn't doing bad so far, having come from the Dutch league?

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel

Jermain Defoe; IMO, should be at the top of our wishlist if we're promoted.

Offer him whatever he wants and get him here ASAP.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Another player getting rave reviews is Hélder Costa. Only 23 years old.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

On the other hand, Tom Cairney is good player but he can't even break into the Scotland team and they are hardly full of quality midfielders. Watch this space in terms of players who would be signed. I have no idea who any of them would be but I guarantee they will have played in a top division in a highly regarded league.
Vydra playing for Watford once tore the Albion and Adam El Abd a new one, at the AMEX, on TV, over the Christmas period.

From that moment on, right up until this Summer, the no imagination crew on NSC would tell us that all the teams ills could be cured by signing Vydra.

Nothing Vydra did after that 1 game could have changed the opinion of some on here.
(I possibly should have written 'doing nothing after that one game still didn't change...')

Davemania

Jul 11, 2011
Uckfield

I remember when Spurs signed Berbatov. The only reason he was signed was because he had played in Germany in the top division. They would not have signed him straight from the Bulgarian League. Most clubs follow that agenda, although I do concede there are some gems to be had if you take a chance outside the top leagues.

Vydra is a bit of an enigma. He has real skill and pace but I still wouldn't consider him in the progression to a higher division. There aren't many in the Championship. Yeah maybe Cairney is an obvious choice, I didn't think though that he would be valued so expensively at between £15-20 million but maybe he is

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here