Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Would you want to go to Villa if we're already promoted?

Would you want to go to Villa if we're already promoted?

• Yes, I want to go regardless

Votes: 170 87.6%
  • Yes, but only if it we're still trying to win the title

Votes: 9 4.6%
  • No, I'd give it a miss

Votes: 15 7.7%

• Total voters

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Last year when Boro tickets went on sale, a large number of people didn't buy a ticket initially as they didn't want to travel if the game didn't mean anything. By the time it emerged that it was a HUGE game, many of those people then found that they couldn't get a ticket as they'd all been snapped up.

Today has brought news of a smaller than hoped for allocation at Villa Park, and some people concerned that they will not get a ticket.

There is a reasonable chance that we'll travel to Villa already promoted. Would you still want to go if promotion has been assured?

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Of course!

luge

Dec 18, 2010
Last night was technically my last game of the season. I'm working abroad for most of April, and return home just before the Villa game. I have a 7 month old baby at home and it wouldn't be fair on my wife who has to be the sole carer whilst I am away (and I'm away alot).

If we were in a shootout for the title, I would consider/ try and convince her to go. If we were already promoted but couldn't win the title, I wouldn't be fussed.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Yes for sure. Be a brilliant day even if technically nothing to play for. The CC scenario will also make it all the sweeter if we won the title or something else was riding on the game and it went out way

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Last year when Boro tickets went on sale, a large number of people didn't buy a ticket initially as they didn't want to travel if the game didn't mean anything.
I didn't fancy 'boro last year as I didn't want to travel that far only to face disappointment, although I would have gone if it wasn't for my kids.

This year is the opposite. If we were already promoted but couldn't win the title, I'd like to go to thank the players. Still won't though, 'cos of the kids.

Davemania

Jul 11, 2011
Uckfield
Last year when Boro tickets went on sale, a large number of people didn't buy a ticket initially as they didn't want to travel if the game didn't mean anything. By the time it emerged that it was a HUGE game, many of those people then found that they couldn't get a ticket as they'd all been snapped up.

Today has brought news of a smaller than hoped for allocation at Villa Park, and some people concerned that they will not get a ticket.

There is a reasonable chance that we'll travel to Villa already promoted. Would you still want to go if promotion has been assured?

Of course, let's get this party started and may it never end

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Yes, am devastated to be missing Norwich, QPR and Wolves as can't do Fridays at the moment. Would have done all three on Saturdays. So frustrating that none of them were late Saturday kickoffs rather than Friday. Having said that I probably won't quite have enough points because of this - 1147 at present.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
EDIT
Not sure now. If Villa are going to be tight and offer only 2700 tickets then stuff them. I'm going to the beamback to spend my money. Even better, hope nothing is riding on the game and no-one goes.
Up yours Villa.

Madafwo

I'm probably being facetious.
Nov 11, 2013
Absolutely.

However I am working that day and can't afford to take the day off. If there are still tickets available for those of us with less than 1100 loyalty points I may just buy one and to hell with work.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here