Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Uddersfield v Norwich

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Did you just make that rumour up? ^^

Webber had done the job needed for us (found us Wagner and supported the strategy that has got us here), still was weird timing for him to leave when he did like. Our next DoF will be a similar appointment.

No, I read it on the BBC website, timed at 9.24 this morning. Please note, I said rumours as per the article.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/39032210

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I always thought that the free kick was given for any infringement by the attacking side and a retake if by the the defending side. To me that seems the logical action rather than give the attacking side a 2nd bite at the cherry, having offended. I wonder if in the light of this innocent mistake FIFA will look at the rule and possibly amend it.

As regards a left back we have no need as we have our No1 Bong back. Just hope he will suffice next season in The Premier.

You do make me chuckle BG. You've been getting it wrong for 60 years, a pro ref makes a daft mistake once and you think FIFA will change the rules. [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I have just read FIFA Rule 14 page 8 (sorry cant copy and paste) but basically I have got this wrong after all these years
Bless you BG. We all make mistakes.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I always thought that the free kick was given for any infringement by the attacking side and a retake if by the the defending side.
That's also wrong if the defending side commits the infringement and the attacking team had scored - the goal stands, not retaken.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Hudds fans being a bit chippy again and rightly so after a decent performance.

Can easy see them averaging 2ppg now they have Hogg ( who for some reason is ranked alongside Messi every time one of them speaks) back.

Would take them to 88 so we'd need 2 wins.

Good chance we will need to win away somewhere though.

Wouldn't want to lose Friday and go into resurgent Wolves looking over our shoulders more than we are already.

All to play for still despite the champagne corks on here yesterday.

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset

Can easy see them averaging 2ppg now they have Hogg ( who for some reason is ranked alongside Messi every time one of them speaks) back.

Easy game against Forest A but then they have, successively, PNE H(still outside PO chance) , Derby A (resurgent), Fulham H (PO contenders, 2nd best away team in league) Wolves A (found mojo). Eight points from those four games would be impressive. Likely to win their last two games so could still make 91 points, but think they are likely to slip up somewhere. 90 points still looks enough to me.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I always thought that the free kick was given for any infringement by the attacking side and a retake if by the the defending side. To me that seems the logical action rather than give the attacking side a 2nd bite at the cherry, having offended. I wonder if in the light of this innocent mistake FIFA will look at the rule and possibly amend it.

As regards a left back we have no need as we have our No1 Bong back. Just hope he will suffice next season in The Premier.

I am actually worse than you BG - I always thought the rule was that you played on unless the penalty was saved and the encroaching player no matter what side he was on touched the ball.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Easy game against Forest A but then they have, successively, PNE H(still outside PO chance) , Derby A (resurgent), Fulham H (PO contenders, 2nd best away team in league) Wolves A (found mojo). Eight points from those four games would be impressive. Likely to win their last two games so could still make 91 points, but think they are likely to slip up somewhere. 90 points still looks enough to me.

Huddersfield have failed to beat Preston, Fulham, Birmingham and Cardiff earlier this season.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
You do make me chuckle BG. You've been getting it wrong for 60 years, a pro ref makes a daft mistake once and you think FIFA will change the rules. [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

It has highlighted the fault in the rule as Matt Ritchie would have had a 2nd chance after a Newcastle player breaking the rule as it stands now. Surely it must be wrong that they could gain such an advantage.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
It has highlighted the fault in the rule as Matt Ritchie would have had a 2nd chance after a Newcastle player breaking the rule as it stands now. Surely it must be wrong that they could gain such an advantage.

It's not an advantage to have to retake a penalty if you scored it is it? You may miss the next time.

If you do miss it first time then the free kick is given to the opposition so you don't get the chance to retake it.

Why is this so difficult to understand?

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
It's not an advantage to have to retake a penalty if you scored it is it? You may miss the next time.

If you do miss it first time then the free kick is given to the opposition so you don't get the chance to retake it.

I tend to agree with BG here. If you foul, it should be a free kick. If you foul throw you don't get another chance, it goes to the opposition. Should be the same with a spot kick.

LondonTown

Mar 13, 2017

Would take them to 88 so we'd need 2 wins.

Good chance we will need to win away somewhere though.

Wouldn't want to lose Friday and go into resurgent Wolves looking over our shoulders more than we are already.

All to play for still despite the champagne corks on here yesterday.
Mooy is our Messi! Hogg our Makelele. Get it right.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

It is an advantage because one of your team has offended

so it should then take away your chance and hand it to the non offenders ie the defending team who after the original foul did nothing wrong,

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
I realise this thread isn't supposed to be about the laws of the game but I'll throw another one in any way.

I always feel it's wrong that a team taking a goal kick aren't penalised if they touch the ball again before it goes out of the 18 yard box.

The team taking the goal kick can automatically get a retake by deliberately touching it and wasting a bit of time or touching it if under pressure from an attacking player.
I've always felt they should suffer some consequence but not sure what. A free kick on the edge of the area seems a bit harsh.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I think one thing that penalty fiasco has shown is that referee's have been consistently LAX on the rules - its literally once in a blue moon you ever see a retake for encroachment, yet just about EVERY penalty I see has players of both sides encroaching before the ball is struck.

I can also recall Nicky Forster having a penalty saved at Withdean once where the keeper had dashed about 6 yards off his line and beaten it away. No retake, the "save" stood and everyone played on. Absolutely ridiculous when you consider the ref and his assistant are supposed to be specifically watching for those type of offences.

It seems anything goes. If this farcical incident goes some way towards tightening the rules on penalties then its not before time. Players have been taking the piss for years.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I think one thing that penalty fiasco has shown is that referee's have been consistently LAX on the rules - its literally once in a blue moon you ever see a retake for encroachment, yet just about EVERY penalty I see has players of both sides encroaching before the ball is struck.

I can also recall Nicky Forster having a penalty saved at Withdean once where the keeper had dashed about 6 yards off his line and beaten it away. No retake, the "save" stood and everyone played on. Absolutely ridiculous when you consider the ref and his assistant are supposed to be specifically watching for those type of offences.

It seems anything goes. If this farcical incident goes some way towards tightening the rules on penalties then its not before time. Players have been taking the piss for years.

They could stop the encroachment easily, by handing out bookings for it. Technically (for a player on the defending side) its the same offence as charging out of the wall before someone has taken a direct free kick. If you did that, you'd get booked more often than not.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here