Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

About time we had a song for Dale Stevens ?

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
Stephens was excellent last night, after a few sloppy early moments.

One moment in the second half was PURE Dale Stephens. Someone (don't remember...) lost the ball in their half, and City were breaking at pace down the left. Bruno was backing away toward the box, trying to buy time, when Stephens arrived, having sprinted fully 60 yards, to execute a perfect slide tackle and rescue the situation.

Absolutely ****ing POETRY.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
I think this thread is good evidence of why his song (he does have one, though it is not very good) is not sung by many.

A good chunk of people seem to think he has one foot out the door, and another chunk are probably still irked over his cold but honest tweet in August.

It is shameful we aren't supporting him and encouraging him to stay to be honest, but we're a stubborn bunch and would prefer to pretend he's not very good or important than admit he should be our first bit of business if promotion is clinched.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Maybe i've missed it but why is there no song for Stevens ? one of our best and most consistent players for the last two years and no song ? perhaps if we sing a song for him he'll stay ...

Also Dunk ?? Or is it just Lewis DUNK , DUNK , DUNK - we often sing more songs about players that are ill or injured or on the bench than the ones on the pitch . Likewise Liam Rosenior , Kayal etc etc

But Stevens --- this man has been integral to this team for two years now .

Mind you what rhymes with Stevens ..... ?

Too late the hero :moo:

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
I've posted it in every other Dale Stephens thread so why not here?

Dale dale dale
we all love you and you know now

Dale dale dale
we all love you so please stay now

To the tune of no no no by dawn penn. What's not to like, it's simple, catchy and singable. I fully expect to hear it loud and proud at one of our final games.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
To the tune of Rod Stewart's 'Sailing'

Are you Going, Are you Going
Hope you're not going, Not on a free
Cause we need you, yes we need you, to be here Dale, to be here

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
On the subject of songs, I loved the PIG's reaction when the North Stand started serenading him. Great player and clearly likes a laugh. I still remember him pulling a opposition player's shorts down just before a free kick/corner :lol:

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
I think this thread is good evidence of why his song (he does have one, though it is not very good) is not sung by many.

A good chunk of people seem to think he has one foot out the door, and another chunk are probably still irked over his cold but honest tweet in August.

It is shameful we aren't supporting him and encouraging him to stay to be honest, but we're a stubborn bunch and would prefer to pretend he's not very good or important than admit he should be our first bit of business if promotion is clinched.

He gets cheered and applauded by the fans. Do you really think posting on Nsc or singing a song is going to make him sign a contract? If another club offers him £5K a week more than us, then we could have every choir in Britain singing to him, and he wouldn't sign

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
He gets cheered and applauded by the fans. Do you really think posting on Nsc or singing a song is going to make him sign a contract? If another club offers him £5K a week more than us, then we could have every choir in Britain singing to him, and he wouldn't sign

How very obvious. At least we'd give him a good sendoff, which is what he deserves.

He is an excellent player and I really hope he stays with us (but I bet he doesn't).

If he stays next season then I think we should respect him with this little ditty (borrowed from Rochdale fans and sung to the tune of 'Ere we go):

Up the Dale, up the Dale, up the Dale,
Up the Dale , up the Dale...

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
I started singing posh spice is slapper Dunk song at Huddersfield away and someone told me to stop being misogynistic

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
Stephens is our midfield boss
He wears a boss' hat
He wanted out to Burnley
But Bloom said no **** that

Coz he bosses the left side of the park
And he bosses on the right
And when we win promotion
We'll sing Dale's song all night

Needs work...