Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Objective but passionate

4 Not allowed!
    Stephens was excellent last night, after a few sloppy early moments.

One moment in the second half was PURE Dale Stephens. Someone (don't remember...) lost the ball in their half, and City were breaking at pace down the left. Bruno was backing away toward the box, trying to buy time, when Stephens arrived, having sprinted fully 60 yards, to execute a perfect slide tackle and rescue the situation.

Absolutely ****ing POETRY.
    Stand or Fall

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      I think this thread is good evidence of why his song (he does have one, though it is not very good) is not sung by many.

A good chunk of people seem to think he has one foot out the door, and another chunk are probably still irked over his cold but honest tweet in August.

It is shameful we aren't supporting him and encouraging him to stay to be honest, but we're a stubborn bunch and would prefer to pretend he's not very good or important than admit he should be our first bit of business if promotion is clinched.

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by brianwade View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Maybe i've missed it but why is there no song for Stevens ? one of our best and most consistent players for the last two years and no song ? perhaps if we sing a song for him he'll stay ...

Also Dunk ?? Or is it just Lewis DUNK , DUNK , DUNK - we often sing more songs about players that are ill or injured or on the bench than the ones on the pitch . Likewise Liam Rosenior , Kayal etc etc

But Stevens --- this man has been integral to this team for two years now .

Mind you what rhymes with Stevens ..... ?
      Too late the hero
      You know I'm right
      Members Garry Nelson's Left Foot's Avatar

1 Not allowed!
      I've posted it in every other Dale Stephens thread so why not here?

Dale dale dale
      we all love you and you know now

Dale dale dale
      we all love you so please stay now

To the tune of no no no by dawn penn. What's not to like, it's simple, catchy and singable. I fully expect to hear it loud and proud at one of our final games.

Objective but passionate

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by brianwade View Post

Mind you what rhymes with Stevens ..... ?
      (his chances of staying are) evens ?
      Stand or Fall

0 Not allowed!
      To the tune of Rod Stewart's 'Sailing'

Are you Going, Are you Going
      Hope you're not going, Not on a free
      Cause we need you, yes we need you, to be here Dale, to be here

1 Not allowed!
      On the subject of songs, I loved the PIG's reaction when the North Stand started serenading him. Great player and clearly likes a laugh. I still remember him pulling a opposition player's shorts down just before a free kick/corner
      Together (sometimes) Thunder Bolt's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Nixonator View Post
      I think this thread is good evidence of why his song (he does have one, though it is not very good) is not sung by many.

A good chunk of people seem to think he has one foot out the door, and another chunk are probably still irked over his cold but honest tweet in August.

It is shameful we aren't supporting him and encouraging him to stay to be honest, but we're a stubborn bunch and would prefer to pretend he's not very good or important than admit he should be our first bit of business if promotion is clinched.
      He gets cheered and applauded by the fans. Do you really think posting on Nsc or singing a song is going to make him sign a contract? If another club offers him 5K a week more than us, then we could have every choir in Britain singing to him, and he wouldn't sign
      Quote Originally Posted by brighton bluenose View Post
      NSC at its very best ~ a post based on assumption on a matter the poster hasn't got a clue about!!
      If you don't read the newspaper you are uninformed, if you do read the newspaper you are misinformed. -Mark Twain

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Thunder Bolt View Post
      He gets cheered and applauded by the fans. Do you really think posting on Nsc or singing a song is going to make him sign a contract? If another club offers him 5K a week more than us, then we could have every choir in Britain singing to him, and he wouldn't sign
      How very obvious. At least we'd give him a good sendoff, which is what he deserves.

0 Not allowed!
      He is an excellent player and I really hope he stays with us (but I bet he doesn't).

If he stays next season then I think we should respect him with this little ditty (borrowed from Rochdale fans and sung to the tune of 'Ere we go):

Up the Dale, up the Dale, up the Dale,
      Up the Dale , up the Dale...