Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

It's time. We're going up.

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
I'm in this club too. Plenty of drama to come yet.

I'm on the fence and not feeling very comfortable about it. We are so close and yet so far, and no game is going to be easy.

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
We need 12 points. That seals it, regardless of what Hudds do.

6 games to play. From those, we're home if we win 4. Or win 3 draw 3.

If Hudds drop any points at all, the advantage to us ramps up rapidly. Let's not forget that Hudds have a harder run home than us.

Looking at remaining games and opponents for us and Hudds, and (looking at full season PPG for our/their opponents, as well as last 10 form) I think Hudds are going to have a difficult time claiming 7 wins. They've got 5 (on paper) really tough assignments in those 7 games.

If they fail to win just 1 game, then we can get over the line with 3 wins and a draw.

It's not done yet, and we could easily throw it away. The next couple of games will be squeaky bum time - we have games against teams that are on form, while Hudds should be banking a win vs Notts and then have the first of 4 tough games (the easiest of which, on paper, is Derby).

Circling back to the first sentence - 12 points is the holy grail. But I think 8 will be enough. 91 is the target

dibsy

Jul 26, 2004
Shoreham By Sea
On the one hand I want us to clinch it at home to Bristol as I can't make Wigan.
On the other I don't want us to mess it up so just want it done.

Just wanting it done wins.

Please beat QPR!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Hudds should be banking a win vs Notts

Forest are DEEP in trouble. They have to be massively up for that game. I don't think they'll make it easy for Huddersfield at all. (Same is true of Bristol City v ourselves, if the table remains similar).

19 Burton Albion P40 44
20 Nottingham Forest P40 42
21 Bristol City P40 41
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
22 Blackburn Rovers P40 40

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Our recent away form hasn't been that good. I think that is a worry.

okay, our 2017 away record is P8 W3 D1 L4 pts10 (1.25ppg).

If we take 1.25ppg for our last 4 away games, that is 5pts (W1 D2 L1). Even if we take 4pts from our last 2 home games, that still sticks us on 92. Win our last 2 home games, and 3 draws and a defeat from our away games is likely to be enough.

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
Forest are DEEP in trouble. They have to be massively up for that game. I don't think they'll make it easy for Huddersfield at all. (Same is true of Bristol City v ourselves, if the table remains similar).

19 Burton Albion P40 44
20 Nottingham Forest P40 42
21 Bristol City P40 41
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
22 Blackburn Rovers P40 40

I'd love to see a Forest win (it'd make things a whole lot easier for us), but it'd be massively against the run of play. And you know Hudds will be up for it as well - every point we score makes it even more important that they don't have any more slips against relegation battlers. We've already had our dose of luck with them dropping 6 points vs Bristol and Burton, dropping even more vs Forest would surely be gifting us promotion.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Huddersfield are going to take some stopping, irrespective of who they're playing. They're playing like duracell rabbits on speed at the moment and they seem to have massive amounts of self-belief all over the club. The only thing that may upset their progress is the fact that, like us, 4 of their remaining fixtures are away from home and they are, like us, much happier at home.

Stumpy Tim

Huddersfield are going to take some stopping, irrespective of who they're playing. They're playing like duracell rabbits on speed at the moment and they seem to have massive amounts of self-belief all over the club. The only thing that may upset their progress is the fact that, like us, 4 of their remaining fixtures are away from home and they are, like us, much happier at home.
Personally I was surprised how average they looked like last night against an average Norwich team. Of course Norwich fell apart as soon as they went a goal down, but Norwich were on top before that.

As an aside, how rubbish is Pritchard? Why on earth were we going to spend £8m on him??

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing

Apart from the defeats v Bristol & Burton.

James Bond's body double

Nov 1, 2009
Southwick
Personally I was surprised how average they looked like last night against an average Norwich team. Of course Norwich fell apart as soon as they went a goal down, but Norwich were on top before that.

As an aside, how rubbish is Pritchard? Why on earth were we going to spend £8m on him??

Not sure they looked average, they attacked a lightning pace and looked dangerous. Norwich are so poor it was always going to end up with 3 points for Huddersfield they did what was needed of them. Very happy we don't have to play them again.

Yes Pritchard is woeful.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
For some here that is more evident than others

flaccid-penis.jpg
Why is she laughing at me?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
And then we have 2 home games against relegation fodder and 2 away games against two teams whose players will likely already have their minds on their summer hols.
Norwich and Villa should have been competing this season. Their last games (particularly again a top two side) will be the players' last chance to show they should be kept for a proper promotion push next season. I certainly don't think Bruce will let Villa players think they deserve a holiday yet.

Yes, because W9 D5 L5 is a real disaster of a record away from home :mad:
So we might win them both and stick the bubbly in the fridge, or we might win neither and call the doc for more pills.

Yesterday I was convinced that whilst not singing yet the fat lady was in the bath warming her voice up. Today I have the same conviction it all going to go wrong. Please someone reassure me that yesterday was the correct feeling!
It wasn't. Hopefully it will go right, but the large lady is still on holiday.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
I am nowhere near as convinced as the rest of you. Lucky you, being so confident. I can STILL see this going pear shaped.

We have ridden our luck in the last two games and have never really controlled the games. Now we have an away game against a decent team and our away form is pretty shit at the moment.

Newcastle are not going to fall away and Huddersfield will not feck off...

You need more faith in the team. If you think it's going to go pear shaped from this position at this stage of the season you are essentially saying you think the team are bottlers. That is something they are clearly not. Show some belief in the team.

2 more points sees off Wednesday.
5 points sees off Leeds.
8 points sees off Reading.
12 points sees off Huddersfield.

That's the WORST case scenario - if all those teams win all their remaining games. That's not going to happen so relax. There is no reason to be worried other than any inbuilt natural pessimism you may have. Barring some ridiculous disaster we're going up. Accept it and enjoy it.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
One win in the next two aways, and a home win against Wigan will probably do it (not mathematically).

These next two away games will be the key to whether we have a nervy finish or not.

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
You need more faith in the team. If you think it's going to go pear shaped from this position at this stage of the season you are essentially saying you think the team are bottlers. That is something they are clearly not. Show some belief in the team.

2 more points sees off Wednesday.
5 points sees off Leeds.
8 points sees off Reading.
12 points sees off Huddersfield.

That's the WORST case scenario - if all those teams win all their remaining games. That's not going to happen so relax. There is no reason to be worried other than any inbuilt natural pessimism you may have. Barring some ridiculous disaster we're going up. Accept it and enjoy it.

And reduce all of those by one as we will not be caught on GD.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Some getting jittery because we've not been fully in the groove over these last two wins, and at the same time think Newcastle and Huddersfield will be relentless.

Its fully understandable football fan psyche, but their fans will be feeling just as nervy - Hudds have won ONE game off the back of two shocking results, Newcastle have scraped past Wigan and Burton by a single late goal.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Some getting jittery because we've not been fully in the groove over these last two wins

The team have been reportedly, repeatedly 'not at their best' more often than not since the start of the year. Sure we hack the points out at home, but away form seems to have tailed right off. And we've got FOUR of those still to play. Despite OP's attempt to be first to break the historic good news, it's just stupidly premature. IMHO, like. it's FAR from over.

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
And reduce all of those by one as we will not be caught on GD.

Think that's already got GD taken into account. My reckoning is that if Hudds win all their remaining, we need 12 points to tie them on points, but we nudge it on GD. Same for Reading: if they win all remaining, we need 8 points to tie with them (18 available, 10 behind)

LU7 RED

Nov 5, 2010
Leighton Buzzard
Yes- virtually there now. The best bit is then sitting back with a cigar and watching the play offs, which is an absolute joy

Then next season and probably more nervy matches at the other end of a table (unless you have a stormer and get to mid table quickly!!)..

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here