Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tomori

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
indeed... now he is the shining example that is being held up as a role model for Akpom to follow..
Yeah, but when people said Tomori was shit they were talking out their arse. Akpom, on the other hand, really is shit.

That's slightly tongue in cheek, as I think Akpom could do it, he just wasn't trying enough on Saturday.

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
I have been a heavy critic of him, but at CB last night he was fantastic. At points he was telling Bruno what to do!

Hughton rates the lad highly and on last nights showing im not suprised.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
To come on suddenly in the first half with no warning and slot right in, takes some doing, especially for a loan player, who's only been here for a couple of months. He played well and got the assist for the goal.
I'd love to sign him but will Chelsea sell?

Almost certainly. It's quite rare, as far as I'm aware, for a Chelsea youth prospect to get anywhere near their first team.

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
Yeah, but when people said Tomori was shit they were talking out their arse. Akpom, on the other hand, really is shit.

That's slightly tongue in cheek, as I think Akpom could do it, he just wasn't trying enough on Saturday.

This.

He could have a word with young Chuba methinks. Quality loanee with the right attitude.

Simgull

Jan 3, 2013
Hove
With apologies to Bobby but surely there is scope for

He's from Chelsea on loan,
should be one of our own
That's Tomori
That own goal caused flack
But he's a great centre back
That Tomori

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
The boy has promise but had a shocker at Lincoln, looked well ropey when he first came on v Newcastle, and gave away a howler of a pen v Leeds. That was his first 3 games!! He did well last night but jury is still out for me.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Lots of talk on here about buying ....
We can't allow the squad to grow too big - not disputing the lad would be a great acquisition.
I'd be inclined to wait and see what the Goldson outcome is. If CG comes back next season fit & well, we have cover enough at CB, but if he is forced to retire, them Tomori would be the ideal replacement.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Can't see Chelsea leting him go expect perhaps on another season long loan basis. He is seriously good, and very mature in all respects.

and according to the Argus they are sending down their defensive coach to watch and encourage him. From the quotes in today's Argus I suggest he is Chelsea through and through. I doubt we'll be signing him unfortunately, as I think he is absolute quality.

He had a mare in the first half against Newcastle but then managed to turn it around and be our best player in the second half. I was impressed.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Lots of talk on here about buying ....
We can't allow the squad to grow too big - not disputing the lad would be a great acquisition.
I'd be inclined to wait and see what the Goldson outcome is. If CG comes back next season fit & well, we have cover enough at CB, but if he is forced to retire, them Tomori would be the ideal replacement.
PL has a 25 man squad limit of over 21s.

Tomori would be 20 and outside of the 25 limit. Perfect.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Like others very impressed with him last night and it was a terrific bit of loan business. A player that young who can play anywhere in the back four and looks assured at CB is really useful. Great attitude too.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
The lad was very, very good. A shame about his role in their goal, but it was a good time to make such an error considering the score.

I know we all read things different but I didn't see it as an error from him just a good tackle that unfortunately fell for one of their players, A deflection then took it away from Stockdale. Top marks to Tomori I thought he had a great game after coming on.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
He was playing well,at Leeds until that silly challenge but hey even experienced players can do that. I said it on here after the last chat on him that he will play for a bigger and almost certainly better team than us unless we go bonkers. The loan though for another season would be ideal for Chelsea to gauge him at a higher level. He has to force his way into our first eleven though. I worry about Goodson but he is not ahead of Dunk and Duffy yet. Oh and this German fellow we have.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Oluwafikayomi Oluwadamilola "Fikayo" Tomori

No wonder he shortens his first name to Fikayo.

That is one impressive name, for a very impressive player.

Season long loan please next year.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
I know we all read things different but I didn't see it as an error from him just a good tackle that unfortunately fell for one of their players, A deflection then took it away from Stockdale. Top marks to Tomori I thought he had a great game after coming on.

Admittedly I was sitting in the North stand and haven't had a chance to check the highlights. From where I was it looked like he rather brashly dived in. He was excellent otherwise and errors at that age happen. At least he looks like a footballer, unlike he who must not be named.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Oluwafikayomi Oluwadamilola "Fikayo" Tomori

that's what the we're on our way song is starting to sound like it's getting so fast .

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
Got to sign him, and teach everyone to sing the song from "Annie"

You can bet your bottom dollar on Tomori....

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here