Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dunk? Problem or precaution?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
That's been a major difference this season. The stand ins have been first class. Its only taken 4 transfer windows to get a ''squad'' as opposed to a ''team'' together.
Except for a replacement for Baldock. I still can't quite believe they weren't able to get decent cover for him.

LVGull

May 13, 2016
CH said Dunk had been ill this week, felt well enough to play then felt ill after making that run. Hopes he'll be back training for Friday

If that was Akpom he would be out for the season. That's the difference.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Except for a replacement for Baldock. I still can't quite believe they weren't able to get decent cover for him.

I agree but went the loan route because the money being asked for the perm deals was apparently astronomical. Luckily the 3 main strikers have all chipped in with their fair share of goals and neither Murray or Hemed have picked up any injuries. And I like Tomer in the side anyhow

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I agree but went the loan route because the money being asked for the perm deals was apparently astronomical.
We could have got someone though.
Luckily the 3 main strikers have all chipped in with their fair share of goals and neither Murray or Hemed have picked up any injuries.
Shame to leave it down to luck though. Hoping Baldock is back soon, it could certainly cost us the title if he's not.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
His set of raw attributes is unreal.

I must admit, after his horror debut in the Cup v Lincoln that we had a bit of a dud, but he's done very well and i wouldn't be averse to having him permanently - reminds me of Vincelot, in that he's very versatile...a handy player to have in the squad.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Thay run down the left wing ****ed him. Clearly wasnt right to carry on. Hopefullu back for friday if not Tomo and Uwe. Lovely stufff.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
I just heard from you, that you'd heard from the top of this thread that it is a sickness bug.

I heard from you and him- but I had also heard before.

Well, I hadn't heard but read- although initially I heard.

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
Thay run down the left wing ****ed him. Clearly wasnt right to carry on. Hopefullu back for friday if not Tomo and Uwe. Lovely stufff.

They'd already chucked on one of those iso gel things for him so clearly thought he'd bow out in a blaze of glory as he knew he was done.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
We could have got someone though.
Shame to leave it down to luck though. Hoping Baldock is back soon, it could certainly cost us the title if he's not.

Eeeeeeee Triggaaar glad to see your on the Title Winning bus now - Good Man

Your other point.........They did try massively but CH is not the type of guy who will spend excessively if he thinks someone is overpriced. I also agree, on Baldock. He drags defenders all over the shop and leaves them nackered for other team mates to exploit

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
That's been a major difference this season. The stand ins have been first class. Its only taken 4 transfer windows to get a ''squad'' as opposed to a ''team'' together.

I hope Tomori is the first permanent signing at the end of the season

I'd love us to sign Tomori, but will Chelsea sell him? He is class and will go places.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Eeeeeeee Triggaaar glad to see your on the Title Winning bus now - Good Man
Not counting my chickens, but I am starting to salivate.

Your other point.........They did try massively but CH is not the type of guy who will spend excessively if he thinks someone is overpriced.
Of course they tried massively. And I agree, no need to spend £9m odd on someone who's not good enough. But I still think they should have got someone. I praise the club for all the excellent transfer work they've done, but I feel they failed on this rather important position, so I'm a little critical.

I also agree, on Baldock. He drags defenders all over the shop and leaves them nackered for other team mates to exploit
He scores now too!

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
We need him back taking our free kicks ASAP. Apparently unwell so should be ok for Friday :)

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I'd love us to sign Tomori, but will Chelsea sell him? He is class and will go places.

I don't know if they will sell or not but I have a feeling the reason he was brought in to get a better look at him at close quarters. I also think if they did sell then we would be interested

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Not counting my chickens, but I am starting to salivate.

Of course they tried massively. And I agree, no need to spend £9m odd on someone who's not good enough. But I still think they should have got someone. I praise the club for all the excellent transfer work they've done, but I feel they failed on this rather important position, so I'm a little critical.

He scores now too!

He has confidence oozing out of him now. That's why. He always has had confidence on the training ground but he has it in matches now. The whole team does. They get told how shit scared the opposition are of them and they now all believe it in themselves

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
He has confidence oozing out of him now. That's why. He always has had confidence on the training ground but he has it in matches now. The whole team does. They get told how shit scared the opposition are of them and they now all believe it in themselves
So when is Baldock back?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
I don't know if they will sell or not but I have a feeling the reason he was brought in to get a better look at him at close quarters. I also think if they did sell then we would be interested
19 years old now, wouldn't count towards 25 man squad limit which is a big positive.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here