Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Akpom's stinking attitude

Jakeg

Feb 7, 2016
Just an observation I don't know if other people noticed but I was watching akpom closely during half time, never in all my life as a football fan have I seen someone sulk the way he was. Had a ball out on his own doImg abit ball juggling and trying to show boat abit, making no attempt to interact with any or the other players, instead standing right between skalak, Norwood, sidwell and Murphy. Who ended up trying to pass a ball around him. Then one of the coaches pulled them all over for a quick warm up routine, he just proceeded to half assed jog along dribbling his ball putting in absolutely zero effort, when then sitting on the subs bench he sat on his own no where near any of the other players.
Sorry for the long winded description but after past weeks shocking performance surely some words have rightly been said. Compare him to Tomori though Tomori looks twice the player at a younger age who looks like an honest young pro with bags of potential willing to give the game his best shot, I think we all know who the better example of the two is.

Davemania

Jul 11, 2011
Uckfield
Total ****
**** him
Don't need him

Love everyone and everything else to do with our club

Yeah I honestly don't see anything about the guy that suggests he's up to top level football. Send him back and good luck to him

Jimmy Grimble

Can only assume Towell was injured as he should be on the bench ahead of him.

Weststander

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The worst that'll happen is he'll have f**ked his last chance to impress a transient Arsenal hierarchy and will find himself on the wrong end of a transfer request. Let him be.

Wenger' staying. The media seem universally agreed on that.

Akpom pictures himself spear-heading their CL games in a couple of years of time against the usual opponents Barca and Bayern, before jumping into his Maserati, a hero. That'll show those miserable Albion fans.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
Just an observation I don't know if other people noticed but I was watching akpom closely during half time, never in all my life as a football fan have I seen someone sulk the way he was. Had a ball out on his own doImg abit ball juggling and trying to show boat abit, making no attempt to interact with any or the other players, instead standing right between skalak, Norwood, sidwell and Murphy. Who ended up trying to pass a ball around him. Then one of the coaches pulled them all over for a quick warm up routine, he just proceeded to half assed jog along dribbling his ball putting in absolutely zero effort, when then sitting on the subs bench he sat on his own no where near any of the other players.
Sorry for the long winded description but after past weeks shocking performance surely some words have rightly been said. Compare him to Tomori though Tomori looks twice the player at a younger age who looks like an honest young pro with bags of potential willing to give the game his best shot, I think we all know who the better example of the two is.

We're top of the league. Haven't you got anything better to do than look for faults in the latest victim? Sad muppet

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015

Tomori is apparently going to be a star I agree but I don't think we can read anything into Akbom warm ups. That's just guesswork

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I saw it. He seemed to be doing keepie uppies using just his shins. That alone was odd - aside from ignoring the rest of the subs...

Kaiser_Soze

Who is Kaiser Soze??
Apr 14, 2008
To be honest, I think he knew his time at the club was over after being hooked 10 minutes into the second half on Saturday. He never looked like he fitted in or settled. He doesn't have the same mentality as the rest of the squad or seem to embrace #Together. Knocky gave him a hell of a rollocking on Saturday for not making runs into a useful position and Sidwell dragged him off the floor in another game when he was doing a PL roll around on the floor having already been given the foul.

The only sliver of pity I have for him is that I don't think he was ever going to fit into the way we play. For a tall (albeit lightweight) player, he seems to rely on his pace. On Saturday Stephens was 10-12 yards inside our half on 3 or 4 occasions. Akpom was gesturing for a ball over the top to run on to but that was never going to happen. On most occasions the ball was sprayed wide to Knocky or Skalak. The others were short passes to Kayal. We aren't a long ball team. Akpom might suit a side that plays like Leicester, knocking balls over the top for him to run onto.

If he wants to have a career in the top two leagues in England he's certainly going to have to up his work rate. Jogging around half arsed is never going to endear a player to the fans, specially if you're not scoring. That said, the booing Saturday when he was subbed was harsh. It's his loss if his career goes down the pan. We aren't reliant on his (lack of) goals. He goes down in history as another loan that didn't work out.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Wenger' staying. The media seem universally agreed on that.

Akpom pictures himself spear-heading their CL games in a couple of years of time against the usual opponents Barca and Bayern, before jumping into his Maserati, a hero. That'll show those miserable Albion fans.

Wenger might stay, sure. There's a Legion of non playing staff around him. Sincerely doubt he is involved in the development of every player there. That's why they have youth coaches.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
You know you've had a bad day as a professional footballer when you're an unused sub and get slated for your half-time warm-up.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
We know he isn't good enough and he is probably starting to realize that now himself. No point getting your knickers in a twist about it, it's not like he is our player! We got him as we were in a bit of a crisis and presumably he was the best that was available. Guess he'll drop down the leagues and may do ok. Obika did just that and is doing ok for Swindon I believe.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here