Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Akpom's stinking attitude

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Just an observation I don't know if other people noticed but I was watching akpom closely during half time, never in all my life as a football fan have I seen someone sulk the way he was. Had a ball out on his own doImg abit ball juggling and trying to show boat abit, making no attempt to interact with any or the other players, instead standing right between skalak, Norwood, sidwell and Murphy. Who ended up trying to pass a ball around him. Then one of the coaches pulled them all over for a quick warm up routine, he just proceeded to half assed jog along dribbling his ball putting in absolutely zero effort, when then sitting on the subs bench he sat on his own no where near any of the other players.
Sorry for the long winded description but after past weeks shocking performance surely some words have rightly been said. Compare him to Tomori though Tomori looks twice the player at a younger age who looks like an honest young pro with bags of potential willing to give the game his best shot, I think we all know who the better example of the two is.

Booing him off probably didn't help.

Albion Robster

Jul 21, 2003
North West
Did Akpom go out for a stretch and warm up tonight?
Named on the bench and I'm sure I did not see him warming up during the match at any point.
Annoyed Murray played the full 90 after playing the full 90 on Saturday as well.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Ssssshhhh. You must tow the party line and never, ever, criticise an Albion player. It's the Stasi rules.

think theres a large difference between booing your own at home, and voicing some concern on a forum.

and we all share the concern. i thought he looked OK first saw him, put himself about if bit unpolished, but useful. in the Blackburn game there was not alot of quality on show and after one challenge he seem to give up, could bearly compose himself to stay on side from the resulting free kick. and as someone noted in the other thread, got beat by their lardy centre half. maybe the booing had a counterproductive affect, but not good enough, promote someone from the YS who will at least give effort.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
It should maybe be noted that Akpom's name got cheered, same as every other sub, when it got read out before the game. As is how it should be. Not sure why he should be be sulking at half-time. If indeed he was.

crasher

Jul 8, 2003
Sussex
If you add up the total minutes that Akpom''s played for the first team, I'm guessing it's not much more than 90-120. You can't judge a guy on the equivalent of one (and a bit) games.

And if his attitude was as bad as everyone's seemingly convinced it is, would CH have started him on Saturday? No.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Don't blame him at all considering his own team fans booed him. He should not be in the squad though, towell and Murphy if baldock is still injured.

Sent from my P9000 using Tapatalk

LVGull

May 13, 2016
Don't blame him at all considering his own team fans booed him. He should not be in the squad though, towell and Murphy if baldock is still injured.

Sent from my P9000 using Tapatalk

He should come out firing on all cylinders, not sulking.
Send him back now.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Tomori is apparently going to be a star I agree but I don't think we can read anything into Akbom warm ups. That's just guesswork

Absolutely this. Get a grip, the kid doesn't deserve such spiteful accusations based on a warped interpretation.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Christ.

First of all we cannot judge him on his performances for Hull because we'll get the best out of him which they couldn't. Then we can't judge him on the minutes he's received as a substitute because he needs to 'get up to speed' even though he was brought in as an immediate cover/impact player.

Now it's ok he's sulking because 150 albion fans hurt his feelings after a game he should want to forget.

WildWood

Sep 6, 2011
Chichester
I saw him at half time & commented about exactly the same thing! The only slight difference for me, is that you could argue that no one interacted with him either. None of the coaches or other players even acknowledged he was there! As you say, when they had the team huddle or whatever it was, they should have made sure he was involved as well, rather than ostracise the bloke. He doesn't help himself at all, in his manner & the way he carries himself so maybe they've tried & its just a waiting game until he goes back.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Leave it be. It's not worth the typing.

Sent from my iPhone in a non-Calde world :-(

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Let him be, lets hope we dont need him Again this season but if we do then get behind him.

He might look shit but hes far from the worst player I have ever seen.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here